Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 05:15 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times

Advertisements

From all accounts- yes.
Maybe it's the terrible educational system.....
Idk, but a friend of mine implored me to not move to Florida,
telling me that it's the trashiest state he's ever been to.
All he does is travel & he knows his stuff.
He said that Florida is hands down the "trashiest & skankiest" place he's ever
been to & that I would not fit in, lol
He says that North Carolina is much better, all the way around for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 05:45 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
From all accounts- yes.
Maybe it's the terrible educational system.....
Idk, but a friend of mine implored me to not move to Florida,
telling me that it's the trashiest state he's ever been to.
All he does is travel & he knows his stuff.
He said that Florida is hands down the "trashiest & skankiest" place he's ever
been to & that I would not fit in, lol
He says that North Carolina is much better, all the way around for me
Overall, yes I agree that NC is better than FL. I do think that FL attracts a certain "element" which many people who live here / have lived here will agree.

But I dunno that its the trashiest place he's ever been. Unless he spends all his time in trashy places (Daytona Bch, Cocoa, Kissimmee, Poinciana, Casselberry come to mind in Central FL).

Old 11-09-2015, 07:14 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
So, I'm walking around Target yesterday picking up some toiletries and doing some light house-hold shopping and just noticing the people in there I was like "ugh".... This one lady with incomplete tattoos all over her body was wearing like this beach cover-up type thing exposing all of her awful looking tats and as she was limping around (prob got beat up my her pimp) she was talking to herself. So, naturally, I ignore her and try and move out of her way as to not be encroached upon by her. Pushing my cart down the aisle with the lotions, I notice another woman, pumping away at one of the lotions and rubbing it all over herself, essentially stealing the lotion, but not the bottle. Again, trash.

At the check out line, this man kept burping. It was disgusting. I thought to myself "is this my reality? Like, is this my life?" "Are these my peers?" lol

This was in fort lauderdale, a place known for a rather large homeless/bum population. A lot of sunburnt wrinkly white people and alcoholic-face looking people. I prefer to call them "meth face" as it's prob meth too, who really knows. Anyway, one more thing-- as I'm pushing my cart out to my car a woman with one shoe on approaches me asking for "spare change"... Girl, please. Bye.

I put on my Marc Jacobs sunglasses, get in my car and get out of there as fast as I can. I had to catch my breath at the light and as I looked in to the rear-view mirror back at the Target parking-lot, I saw all these cockroaches, I mean people scurrying around the lot. Thankful to be out of there, I sip my iced grande light ice green tea from Starbucks and think to myself "whatta tragic scene"

Old 11-09-2015, 07:19 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
If you lack ambition, don't want to work hard, be a bum, or whatever, you might at well do it where the weather it nice. Once less thing to worry about.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
everyone keeps going on about the weather... oh the weather this, the weather that.

First of all, No.

Second of all. There are other areas with good weather as well that do not have this trash element. Why does FL have to have it? It's gross.

One doesn't go out to San Diego and Phoenix or LA and see this far-reaching trash vibe. Why must FL have it everywhere from Orlando and Tampa down to Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:54 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
^^^ Tried to rep ya again, OptimusPrime--
Great insights

Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 AM

4,865 posts, read 2,674,972 times
quit shopping at Target..stop looking down your nose at people..or move..along with with your starbucks latte..

Old 11-09-2015, 10:40 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
So, I'm walking around Target yesterday picking up some toiletries and doing some light house-hold shopping and just noticing the people in there I was like "ugh".... This one lady with incomplete tattoos all over her body was wearing like this beach cover-up type thing exposing all of her awful looking tats and as she was limping around (prob got beat up my her pimp) she was talking to herself. So, naturally, I ignore her and try and move out of her way as to not be encroached upon by her. Pushing my cart down the aisle with the lotions, I notice another woman, pumping away at one of the lotions and rubbing it all over herself, essentially stealing the lotion, but not the bottle. Again, trash.

At the check out line, this man kept burping. It was disgusting. I thought to myself "is this my reality? Like, is this my life?" "Are these my peers?" lol
Dead on accurate!!! Sad but true!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:54 AM

201 posts, read 190,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

This was in fort lauderdale, a place known for a rather large homeless/bum population. A lot of sunburnt wrinkly white people and alcoholic-face looking people. I prefer to call them "meth face" as it's prob meth too, who really knows. Anyway, one more thing-- as I'm pushing my cart out to my car a woman with one shoe on approaches me asking for "spare change"... Girl, please. Bye.

I put on my Marc Jacobs sunglasses, get in my car and get out of there as fast as I can. I had to catch my breath at the light and as I looked in to the rear-view mirror back at the Target parking-lot, I saw all these cockroaches, I mean people scurrying around the lot. Thankful to be out of there, I sip my iced grande light ice green tea from Starbucks and think to myself "whatta tragic scene"
That's sad too because Target usually has more of an upscale clientele. Geez, could you imagine what Wal-Mart must be like?

Old 11-09-2015, 12:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
It appears that C-D is a magnet for unhappy people. Most of us relocated from elsewhere each with their own reasons for doing so and it seems quite a few found it wasn't the paradise they were dreaming of.

Of course you will find many homeless people here. One big draw is the weather. It is not easy being homeless in the winter months elsewhere. Boston, Seattle, New York City (and its boroughs), Portland Oregon, Los Angeles, San Diego, Atlanta and many more cities have a large homeless population.

FL's homeless population is around 75,000. That is less than 0.4 percent of the population. If you are running into many homeless people you need to find a better neighborhood or city in FL.

Homelessness is, in fact, caused by tragic life occurrences like the loss of loved ones, job loss, domestic violence, divorce and family disputes. Other impairments such as depression, untreated mental illness, post traumatic stress disorder, and physical disabilities are also responsible for a large portion of the homeless. Many factors push people into living on the street.

The FL poverty rate is 17 percent of the population is 34,000. Again, if you find yourself seeing a large amount of poor people you need to find a better neighborhood or city in FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida