Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 AM

100 posts, read 425,843 times

Advertisements

You didn't have to be a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see this comming .We talked about this over 2 years ago . INCOME has not rose like the home PRICES who could afford the prices I feel home prices have to fall to where a buyer can afford a fix 30 year loan .

Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillynilly View Post
You didn't have to be a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see this comming .We talked about this over 2 years ago . INCOME has not rose like the home PRICES who could afford the prices I feel home prices have to fall to where a buyer can afford a fix 30 year loan .
Nilly your not silly at all !!! You just hit the nail on the head with that post.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:52 AM

265 posts, read 665,105 times
Quote:
It's easy to armchair quarterback on Monday morning.
But at the time, the predictions were the bubble may or may not burst, especially in the Florida market.
That's the facts and I distinctly remember reading this from the experts
at the time.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckardc View Post
First you accuse us of being sellers who are trying to scare everyone away from buying our houses. Then you accuse us of being buyers chock full of cockiness and wisdom. Which is it?
Sarcasim. I was not wanting to argue with buyers or potential buyers.
I've been a buyer a few times, so obviously I know where you're coming from.
Buyers have been gloating and predicting doom and gloom for the future on this forum for some time and I can't and won't read thru all the posts.
I can easily find predictions that are hopeful and optomistic for the homeowner that eventually will sell.
Sometimes one must remove the negative around them.
Now, don't go off on a tirade about being realistic!
I truly understand where buyers are coming from. Back in 2003-2006 sellers were just as obnixious. It's money; it's nothing personal.

Quote:

Personally, I would love to be a seller but most houses in my town have been on the market for about a year or so.
I would not be a buyer because A) I already own a house and B) I am sane.
Who said you weren't sane!
Lighten up and enjoy the day!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:53 AM

548 posts, read 540,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
It's easy to armchair quarterback on Monday morning.
But at the time, the predictions were the bubble may or may not burst, especially in the Florida market.
That's the facts and I distinctly remember reading this from the experts
at the time.
You keep saying Monday morning quaterbacking, crystal ball, etc. Like this is all so mysterious. I have told you several times, as have other posters, this was not a surprise, even a little bit.

Housing prices are dictated by fundamentals. Median income of an area and what you can rent a comparable house for are two of the major indicators.

There was nothing to support housing prices going up 100% while incomes stayed stagnant. The appraisers fudged the numbers and the lenders played the game to lend more money than housing was worth.

Every housing blog, NPR, and many average people have been saying for the last 5 years that there was nothing to support these prices and they would come back to fundamental values sooner or later. For everyone that got caught paying too much for a house, there were many of us who either sold at the peak and rented, or simply decided to wait out the phony boom. Lots of people I know easily saw through the hype.

Those "experts" you say you heard making predictions were real estate industry shills, not the numerous independent sources that the rest of us listened to.

You can hope and wish all you like but it is what it is. We are just barely into a long down cycle for Florida real estate. It will take 5 or more years to even approach the bottom.

I know you started this thread hoping for the opposite answers, but the truth is the truth. There is zero chance 2008 or 2009 will be sellers markets. Absolutely zero chance.

There is nothing personal going on here. It is simple economics. People can afford a certain percentage of their incomes to go toward housing. The real estate industry conspired to change the basic rules of lending and housng prices were inflated artificially. Now, the prices have to return to normal levels,supported by fundamentals. It has nothing to do with cocky buyers, scared sellers, or any emotions at all. It is economics, that is all. Some people made lots of money playing the game, other lost or will loss lots of money. But in the end, market fundamentals set prices, not sellers.

Last edited by CJFlorida; 11-15-2007 at 09:17 AM..

Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 AM

548 posts, read 540,942 times
Moderator cut: quote removed

Actually the complete original post was quite accurate. Top of the line coastal real estate is its own unique market. But through all the funny money antics of the last 5 years, many people did indeed pay $175,000 for $100,000 homes.

And the original poster also addressed all the new home builders giving huge incentives which makes it even tougher to sell a home 10 years old or more.

Now the rules of lending are rapidly changing and the market is correcting back to historic norms.

I think the original post was excellent.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-18-2007 at 05:39 AM..

Old 11-15-2007, 10:11 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Economist: Florida Housing Market Will Rebound in 2008-2009 - Florida Home Loan (http://www.floridahomeloan.com/2007/05/economist-florida-housing-market-will-rebound-in-2008-2009.html - broken link)

Look, I believe in a better future for home owners. You don't.
Prices going back down to affordable levels is a better future for home owners.

You believe in a better future for specuvestors.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM

100 posts, read 425,843 times
I don't feel like an armchair quarterback on a monday morning .I sold my home 2 1/2 yrs ago as I said you didn't have to be a ROCKET SCIENTIST INCOME DIDN'T MATCH HOME PRICES It's ok.to feel different it's all good imho

Last edited by sillynilly; 11-15-2007 at 11:29 AM..

Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
You keep saying Monday morning quaterbacking, crystal ball, etc. Like this is all so mysterious. I have told you several times, as have other posters, this was not a surprise, even a little bit.

I was responding to what sillynilly said ; this wasn't about what you said or didn't say.

Quote:
I know you started this thread hoping for the opposite answers, but the truth is the truth. There is zero chance 2008 or 2009 will be sellers markets. Absolutely zero chance.
You realize of course, you have just predicted the future and believe there is no room of error in your predictions. Your talents are wasted here...

Old 11-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I don't feel like an armchair quarterback on a monday morning .I sold my home 2 1/2 yrs ago as I said you didn't have to be a ROCKET SCIENTIST INCOME DIDN'T MATCH HOME PRICES .Also I am the master of my own ship .This way there's no one to blame I then have to look into myself if there's a problem . We all have the right to feel different it all good imho
We agree, sillynilly ; 2 1/2 years ago.! Sellers market woohoo, what
a crazy hazy, lazy time for sellers! No effort sales, not brain surgery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida