Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 PM

10 posts, read 27,973 times

Advertisements

I'm Mexican-american from Georgia but I will move soon to Florida!! I did a quick research for fun and because I'm also interested . I found out that Mexican Hispanic population its almost as high as the PR and could over pass.

I know sometimes Mexicans and Puerto Ricans or other latinos don't get along anyways I will move to Tampa are there many Mexicans there? Do latinos get along each other can someone explain how is the situation there??

Last edited by Crew06; 07-12-2014 at 10:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 PM

1,012 posts, read 785,461 times
Probably in a week

Old 07-12-2014, 10:59 PM

What part of Florida do Mexicans tend to be does anyone know?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,730 times
What is there a suppose fight between Mexico and Puerto Rico? Reggeton vs Mariachi? Cmon man. Lets stop with the whole rivarly thing. There is nothing wrong between them. That is low life mentality

Old 07-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
What is there a suppose fight between Mexico and Puerto Rico? Reggeton vs Mariachi? Cmon man. Lets stop with the whole rivarly thing. There is nothing wrong between them. That is low life mentality

Who the hell said it was?? This was not my purposes. And I don't give a shiit of PR or any other theres a lot prejudices, I've enconter racist latinos who throw crap at others. I'm not racist, or anything but I will fight against the miscompecions, people have.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:21 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,281 times
I doubt Mexicans will ever "dominate" the hispanic population in Florida. The Cubans won't allow it. ;-)

Old 07-12-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
I doubt Mexicans will ever "dominate" the hispanic population in Florida. The Cubans won't allow it. ;-)

I doubt it lol just look at Georgia. A state where has been White & Black where the Hispanic population specially Mexican has increased more then 3 tree times. I believe the Hispanic population will surpass the African-American population in a few decades the chances are already happening.

And what makes you think that won't happen? Just look at NY. Mexicans will surpass Dominicans in NYC in a few years and by 2022 is estimated it will surpass PR.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:38 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,281 times
Georgia and NYC are not Florida. The Cubans will most likely always control South Florida. They stay here once they arrive from Cuba and their families stay here too. They're less likely to move to other parts of the US than Dominicans, Hatians etc. because this place is most like where they came from. Mexicans may move here, but they'll still have to work for Cuban bosses and be governed by Cuban politicians.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
Georgia and NYC are not Florida. The Cubans will most likely always control South Florida. They stay here once they arrive from Cuba and their families stay here too. They're less likely to move to other parts of the US than Dominicans, Hatians etc. because this place is most like where they came from. Mexicans may move here, but they'll still have to work for Cuban bosses and be governed by Cuban politicians.

So?? Are you saying Mexicans cant get into politician business? are you saying all Mexicans are fruit pickers or vegetables? You know theres only 34 million people of Mexican origin only 6 million people are undocumented the rest are U.S citizens and legal residents that's a percentage of 70-80% according to Pewhispanic.

As far as I know the majority of US. Hispanic politics or politicians are majority Mexican origin due to our Population.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:11 AM

174 posts, read 255,099 times
Bro, just go to L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida