Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,754 times

Advertisements

Usually the lease tells tenants they are not liable for tenants personal property.

This is why tenant's insurance is so important! The property owner's insurance covers owners property and not tenants property or off premise living expenses. Tenant's insurance is very inexpensive and pays for expenses incurred during a fire.

As a tenant many years ago, the unity under mine had a fire and we had much smoke damage. Thankfully, my insurance paid for me to live elsewhere during the clean up and it replaced or cleaned damaged property. I think it took about 4 months for them to restore my unit. I was glad I had the coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,122 times
I signed the lease when my husband was away, and the landlord said he would send it to us for my husband to sign. He never did in spite of us asking several times. That was seven months ago, and now we can no longer afford the rent and want to move. We paid first and last month's rent and security deposit, and we are in Florida.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,027,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise50 View Post
I signed the lease when my husband was away, and the landlord said he would send it to us for my husband to sign. He never did in spite of us asking several times. That was seven months ago, and now we can no longer afford the rent and want to move. We paid first and last month's rent and security deposit, and we are in Florida.
You are still obligated for the lease and it's not the landlords problem that you can't afford it. He might be willing to allow you to walk away and lose your security deposit rather than dealing with an eviction, but don't expect to get your security or last months rent back. You need to talk to the landlord, but the fact that your husband didn't sign the lease is irrelevent.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,932 times
i live in an apartment complex located in jacksonville,fl. i am handicap and have a parking decal for parking. the management at thiplex refuses to make available a reserve parking space for me, and there only one handicap parking space shared between two hundred residence, my question is should a parking space be made available for my use. thank you. Donald

Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolf49 View Post
i live in an apartment complex located in jacksonville,fl. i am handicap and have a parking decal for parking. the management at thiplex refuses to make available a reserve parking space for me, and there only one handicap parking space shared between two hundred residence, my question is should a parking space be made available for my use. thank you. Donald
In my opinion it depends on the handicap. Many people with handicap stickers don't really need the space. If you are in a wheelchair then you need a space where you know when you come back to your car there is not going to be someone parked so close to yours you can't get in or operate your lift gate.

On the other hand someone with maybe a heart condition can park say another 50 feet away and not have a problem they have different priorities. In other words they take up a space a wheelchair person really needs just because they can, even if there is an empty space right next to it. I see this all the time. I often find handicaped people themselves to be about the most abusive with the use of handicapped spaces just because they can, With no regard for those who really need those extra wide spaces.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,742 times
Has anyone found out if this law stands true in Florida?
Can you break a lease if you are buying a home?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,435 times
Default Answer ?

Here is what I found Breaking a Florida Lease to buy a house.? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 01-08-2011, 06:33 AM

334 posts, read 1,151,225 times
Every apartment I lived in prior to buying a house had an early termination clause written into it. It usually required 60 days notice plus loss of security deposit. These were large, corporate-managed apartment complexes though. That may not be standard if renting a house from an individual or a small property management company. It can always be negotiated though before signing the lease.

What we ended up doing was waiting until the lease was up and then instead of resigning, we went month-to-month with it (for a $75/mo premium) until we bought a house.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,089 times
Are you entitled to your security deposit to be returned to you if you purchase the property you have been renting ?? Please

Old 11-23-2013, 07:40 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,754 times
It would depend on what you agree to in writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida