Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 01:18 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,473,343 times

Advertisements

All my family that was wealthy was drawn to Florida for only a few reasons, the weather warm year round, the no state tax and the opportunity to buy a condo right on the beach and make even more money in real estate. Lot of Midwest, NYers and wealthy internationals have done the same over the years leaving the blue collar workers behind, I am middle class myself and a lot of my family has left me behind in the dust with their wealth but good for them they did what they had to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 01:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Inequality is a growing problem in this country for quite sometime. Do you realize that? It's not just FL, it's throughout the country.

"Over the past 30 years, North Carolina has experienced growing wage inequality, with high-wage earners enjoying income gains while middle- and low-income families saw their wages stagnate or fall. The growth in income inequality has serious implications for all North Carolinians."

State of Working North Carolina: Growing Wage Inequality | NC Justice Center

We don't need someone who is not a resident preaching about inequality in FL , while his home state exhibits the same perils.

NC ranks 5th for food insecurity in 2013

You can't even feed your people but yet you are b*tching about FL.

Hey Trigger-F - I am not seeing all the posts, but is someone trying to point out that are far more "poor folk" than "rich folk" in FL thus this huge financial inequality?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:26 PM

7 posts, read 8,825 times
Default If it is to be, it is up to me.

Maybe I can add a little clarity into the question of what I meant in the other posts.

I am of the mindset that I am the only person responsible for my place and/or lot in life. There are many circumstances which have influenced my decisions of the past which inevitably saw me finding my way to where I am. All of my moves or actions were purposeful in nature and none were by accident albeit not all of them were based in wisdom.

I will soon be able to move back to Palm Beach County after being gone for too many years. I have been up and I have been down financially since I left in the early 1980s. But the one thing that I have held as truth, is that my leaving Palm Beach County was a mistake; but one that I did to myself. I became fixed upon getting back and it became a personal challenge to come back on the east side of the ICW, not the west side; although both sides are wonderful and each have pluses and minuses. When I return I will have come full circle with an upgrade.

I want to retire there and spend the rest of my life helping people who are presently the way that I was when I had to leave. I plan to do things that give others a leg up, not a handout. I want to put money to work for those who need it, and offer people in need a way to help themselves with no loss of dignity or self worth.

I made this promise to myself when I left; and because I made decisions that turned out for the better this time, I will be able to accomplish my life's goal of helping people who made wrong or poor choices which put them on a less desirable life path. I merely want to do for others those things that were done for me. Passing it forward is a wonderful plan; I wish I had thought of it first.

Aremel

Old 01-28-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
He is obsessed with talking smack about a state in which he doesn't even live. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.
at the least, its strange. Such a waste of time and effort.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:33 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,178,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Hey Trigger-F - I am not seeing all the posts, but is someone trying to point out that are far more "poor folk" than "rich folk" in FL thus this huge financial inequality?
That's what he's trying to point out; larger numbers of poor but the 1% rich own a larger piece of wealth than in many other states. Basically one more attempt to put down FL.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
That's what he's trying to point out; larger numbers of poor but the 1% owns a larger % of wealth than in many other states. Basically one more attempt to put down FL.
Yeah, basically. I was able to put more together as I went up the line from the quotes.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
That's what he's trying to point out; larger numbers of poor but the 1% rich own a larger piece of wealth than in many other states. Basically one more attempt to put down FL.
Thats all almost every state now not just Florida, Florida is just like California it can be a flashy place sometimes and people tend to be more superficial and in your face with their money like Miami Beach, not a good or bad thing but its reality.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 PM

I actually I agree with Not Likening Florida on this thread, he isn't trolling he is pointing out the truth, but like most Americans you can't handle the truth.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,626,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Thats all almost every state now not just Florida, Florida is just like California it can be a flashy place sometimes and people tend to be more superficial and in your face with their money like Miami Beach, not a good or bad thing but its reality.
Yeah, but the income gap is quite a bit lower in California(34.9) compared to Florida's 43.3.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,178,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
That's what I replied to him, NLF. That inequality exists everywhere in this country, it's not a new phenomenon or specific to FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida