Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,089,875 times

Advertisements

Hello, this news was in my Sunday newspaper! House prices forcasted to drop 20-25% another says 30% My own predictions put the price drop at 33% or one third. The drop will extend till 2009 then itll bottom out and prices will rise at or slightly above the rate of inflation. For those selling their house, if you arent desperate, may be better to rent it out till the market bottoms out and begins to turn. Those looking to buy, wait till the market bottoms out then you can get that nice $500k house for something like $350k plus inflation will make it seem even cheaper. Interest rates may be a little higher though but the huge price drop well makes up for it.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times
Thank you for the info. Does this mean that you'll be considering staying down there? I know the drop in housing is a good thing for a lot of us. Unfortunately, it's a bad thing for the people who bought at the high end of the market.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:22 AM

I want to move out in the summer of 2007 and unless I can find an affordable home in a low crime area anywhere in Florida, I am outta here. Ohio and WV have houses priced where they should be, a nice one can be had for $50k with basement!

Old 11-05-2006, 10:23 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times
Did you check out the link that someone provided on an Ocala thread just a few down from this one? I typed in my brother's addy and there are a LOT of offenders within 5 miles of his house. There are more in that radius of his house then in my WHOLE town.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 AM

If Ocala is a high crime area, I arent even interested. There are towns in Ohio with zero crime. Some people dont even have locks and leave their house and car unlocked!

Old 11-05-2006, 01:44 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,574,354 times
Thumbs down Just wait until the market bottoms out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Hello, this news was in my Sunday newspaper! House prices forcasted to drop 20-25% another says 30% My own predictions put the price drop at 33% or one third. The drop will extend till 2009 then itll bottom out and prices will rise at or slightly above the rate of inflation. For those selling their house, if you arent desperate, may be better to rent it out till the market bottoms out and begins to turn. Those looking to buy, wait till the market bottoms out then you can get that nice $500k house for something like $350k plus inflation will make it seem even cheaper. Interest rates may be a little higher though but the huge price drop well makes up for it.

That is a hard choice if you need to move or want to move.

The prices are lower now, but you can't predict what they will be in 3 months or longer from now. If you find something you like and can afford it, then just do it.
If you keep waiting, you just may not get that dream home.

We sold our house and got a great price! I sold it myself too!
I just didn't listen to all the statistics that were being thrown around online and in the media.
If somebody wants your home, you will get the price you want as long as it's realistically priced!!

Old 11-05-2006, 02:00 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,371,397 times
How can you believe what's printed in the newspapers? Just last week the Moody Report reported that Florida had reached it's trough and that prices are leveling off.

If you're waiting for the economy to adjust downward to your income level so you can afford a house then that's just lazy. Get another job, save your money, go without... That's how you buy houses in America.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:03 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,371,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail View Post
How can you believe what's printed in the newspapers? Just last week the Moody Report reported that Florida had reached it's trough and that prices are leveling off.

If you're waiting for the economy to adjust downward to your income level so you can afford a house then that's just lazy. Get another job, save your money, go without... That's how you buy houses in America.
Home prices ARE leveling off. Realtors are already reporting slight stirs in the market. I agree with the above. If you're waiting for a home to fall in your lap then that's just plain lazy.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:14 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,293,113 times
Quote:
Prices will continue to fall,it is silly to over pay,home prices are unrealistic in too many areas...remember the saying a fool and his money...

Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 PM

944 posts, read 3,849,465 times
Quote:
How can you believe what's printed in the newspapers?
You don't need to do anything other than go into an open house and talk to a realtor. You don't need to do anything other than drive around and look at the tons of for sale signs.

Quote:
if you're waiting for the economy to adjust downward to your income level so you can afford a house then that's just lazy.
Please do not confuse lazy with due dilligence. I am waiting for home prices to become aligned with fundamentals again. It will happen.

Boom/bust. It's the American way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida