Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 10:59 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,131 times

Advertisements

If you have a Dream Pool, what would it look like? Would it be enclosed or no? If you have a Dream Pool already, please share pics!
My spouse and I have a Dream Pool in mind. I hope to heck we get to Florida before either one of us has health issues or dies! Yikes
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hopefully this pic will load when I submit this thread but this is the type of Dream Pool we would like to have and also be enclosed

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 11:16 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,895,836 times
Good question!

Kind of like this, only much bigger and with real tropical fish swimming in it and fake coral at the bottom (assuming the fish won't inherently make it unsanitary). I essentially want a mini reef in my backyard, the kind that would be conducive to daily snorkeling. And a hot tub next to it. Area surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and flowers, and bordered by sand. Will I ever get this? Well, not THIS year, that's for sure...

Old 03-30-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
Good question!

Kind of like this, only much bigger and with real tropical fish swimming in it and fake coral at the bottom (assuming the fish won't inherently make it unsanitary). I essentially want a mini reef in my backyard, the kind that would be conducive to daily snorkeling. And a hot tub next to it. Area surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and flowers, and bordered by sand. Will I ever get this? Well, not THIS year, that's for sure...
I Love it! You dream big don't you?
I bet it would cost a fortune! But after all, we are dreaming LOL

Old 03-30-2016, 11:34 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,996,506 times
Doesn't hurt to dream. One thing you will find though, if you do your own work, after a few years of tending to year round maintenance, things tend to get much less elaborate.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 PM

499 posts, read 586,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
If you have a Dream Pool, what would it look like? Would it be enclosed or no? If you have a Dream Pool already, please share pics!
My spouse and I have a Dream Pool in mind. I hope to heck we get to Florida before either one of us has health issues or dies! Yikes
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hopefully this pic will load when I submit this thread but this is the type of Dream Pool we would like to have and also be enclosed

Yours is absolutely gorgeous and what I would consider a dream pool. I would like someone else to do the maintenance for me though. With all of that lush foliage, there'd be leaves, dirt, and debris scattered about and in the pool for sure. Here are pics of the pool in the new house we are moving into April 7th. Only 8 more days to go and we cannot wait! It's nice that it has the screen enclosure too to keep bugs and leaves out and a nice large patio attached to it. Plus it has a jacuzzi/spa and a brand new heater (so we can swim year-round). Man...how I LOVE it here!!!! You are going to love living in Florida too - it's like a dream come true!!!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
Yours is absolutely gorgeous and what I would consider a dream pool. I would like someone else to do the maintenance for me though. With all of that lush foliage, there'd be leaves, dirt, and debris scattered about and in the pool for sure. Here are pics of the pool in the new house we are moving into April 7th. Only 8 more days to go and we cannot wait! It's nice that it has the screen enclosure too to keep bugs and leaves out and a nice large patio attached to it. Plus it has a jacuzzi/spa and a brand new heater (so we can swim year-round). Man...how I LOVE it here!!!! You are going to love living in Florida too - it's like a dream come true!!!
I love working with plants and dirt and all that stuff
I'm soooooooooo happy for you and that pool is real nice!! I love how you look out and see greenery and trees beyond the pool cage. That is Awesome for Sure!! Whoooooooooooot Whooooooooooot
You Go Girl!!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:32 PM

This one is cool too:

Old 03-30-2016, 01:24 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
After being in the pool business for many years the last thing I would ever want in my yard again is a pool.
Let someone else enjoy pool ownership!
Ha ha!

Old 03-30-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
After being in the pool business for many years the last thing I would ever want in my yard again is a pool.
Let someone else enjoy pool ownership!
Ha ha!
We certainly will Karl

Old 03-30-2016, 02:09 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
I just want a lazy river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida