Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 09:06 AM

17 posts, read 21,108 times

Advertisements

Quite of bit of Beverly Hills is in a planned subdivision of some sort, with houses close together etc. For less of a planned out vibe, Inverness and Hernando are pretty good choices. Crystal River as well.

If want to be closer to nature, I would definitely look into Crystal River and Dunnellon. Both of those towns offer natural appeal and have historic downtown areas--although Dunnellon has a much better old downtown scene. Crystal River is right on the Gulf of Mexico while Dunnellon sits on the Rainbow River, which has the most epic blue water I have ever seen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 04:05 AM

17 posts, read 21,108 times
There are no beaches really in Citrus County, there is a man made one but not the kind of beach I think you mean. I feel like we make up for that with our beautiful rivers--the Rainbow ,Withlacoochee,Crystal and Homosassa rivers. We have lots of state land.The coast is called the nature coast because it is natural--so marshy etc. Anywhere in Citrus county will likely be near a wal-mart.Beverly hills homes are a bit close together. I prefer the streets that have the name of a flower for Beverly Hills--just a better kept looking area.I live here and work in resale real estate here so I have seen lots of these houses from the inside out.Based on the little bit of info I have about your needs I think I would stick with the flower streets of Beverly Hills.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
Hi, We live in Inverness and we love it. We joke about it being 20 years behind the rest of Florida, but that's ok with us. We have a lot of beautiful (and free) parks in Citrus County. We live within Inverness city limits and our property taxes are next to nothing compared to what we were paying in PA, and they include trash pickup. Citrus Co. has plenty of things for us to do: Cooter Festival, beautiful lakes for pontooning, manatee festival, scalloping, stone crab festival, strawberry festival, flea markets, restaurants, churches, geocaching, rivers, etc. Very laid back area. Jobs are another issue, unless you're retired, most jobs are in the medical field or retail. And, we have a great sheriff's department-very helpful and friendly group of people.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:21 AM

31 posts, read 36,509 times
Oh, wow....helpful information.
How does Crystal River compare to the areas you mention?
Also, do you have any info re: taxes & insurance, as well as utility costs?Thank you!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:42 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Your first choice is Ft Lauderdale. Do you want to be in a more urban area? Citrus County is sort of far from larger cities.
I had never heard of Beverly Hills Florida, but I was selling my mobile home in Broward and a man who owns a home there bought it. He still lives in BH part time because he rents out to roommates while he's away but he wanted to be back in Broward county. Also my neighbors cousin lives in Beverly Hills, but he lives out in the country part where people have a few acres. I bought a home in Lee county because it was too expensive to buy in Broward or any of the east coast.

The nice thing about Citrus county is that you are about 90 miles from Tampa or Orlando.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:37 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,843 times
As someone that moved from Miami to a city near that county in Sumter county, I would highly suggest to visit the area for a few days. Yes if you love the outdoors you will enjoy the lakes, rivers, and springs. But not sure what part of Broward you are use to, most of it being urban and you lived in Costa Rica, Citrus County is going to be a culture shock, but you probably know that already. I was only in that area because my family had a house with free rent for me, but no jobs in that area and if you have to drive to Orlando you have to pay toll roads to get there quickly and Tampa is probably over an hour. I left that area after 3 months to Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida