Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 02:03 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,506 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone! I have not posted a new thread for a while but I was curious as to what motivated you to move to Florida from out of state (or country). There might be posts on this same subject but most are out-dated I believe. (If I'm wrong, point me in the right direction LOLOL)
So, where did you move from and why? What did you love and/or hate about your old state (or country)
What do you love and/or hate about Florida? Any good or bad experiences you care to share would be wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 02:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
We moved to Florida back in 2009 and left in 2013 came back home due to my husband's job, and Florida instantly felt like home for us. We had a great experience overall, despite there is no perfect place to live with that being said We are headed back to Florida this summer and will be buying a house and then heading there full time 6 months later after our daughter graduates HS. Since we were given a great opportunity to Move Back to Florida, this time around we will be living on the West Coast outside of Tampa...We love what Florida has to offer for our family besides the Weather My kids are 18 and almost 22..My daughter was in 4th Grade and my son was going to be a Freshman in HS when we moved the 1st time...Very Excited this time we wont have to leave

Last edited by Swimmom32; 01-30-2017 at 02:52 PM..

Old 01-30-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
We moved to Florida back in 2009 and left in 2013 came back home due to my husband's job, and Florida instantly felt like home for us. We had a great experience overall, despite there is no perfect place to live with that being said We are headed back to Florida this summer and will be buying a house and then heading there full time 6 months later after our daughter graduates HS..this time around we will be living on the West Coast outside of Tampa...We love what Florida has to offer for our family besides the Weather My kids are 18 and almost 22..My daughter was in 4th Grade and my son was going to be a Freshman in HS when we moved the 1st time...Very Excited this time we wont have to leave
Oh yes, I remember Swimmom32! You are going to be moving to the Tampa area correct? I believe your daughter will be graduating the same time my youngest will be ---May 2018
I look forward to reading about how it all goes for you and your family!!
Yippppeee!!!

Good luck to you all!

Old 01-30-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Oh yes, I remember Swimmom32! You are going to be moving to the Tampa area correct? I believe your daughter will be graduating the same time my youngest will be ---May 2018
I look forward to reading about how it all goes for you and your family!!
Yippppeee!!!

Good luck to you all!
Hey Cindy yup its me

Yes we loved Boca Raton, however We decided on the West Coast..My son's HS's friends who he is still best friends with are in Boca so its a 3.5 hour drive not a big deal he is young lol he is the 22 year old...Yes your son and my daughter will graduate the same time!! I am SO ready for her to be out of school already..

Yes We are looking in Trinity, Land O Lakes and Wesley chapel...My family is in Boca and Delray, so are some of our friends..One of my Best Friends is in Land O lakes and my other is 20 min out of Disney so it will be nice to finally be close to both of them...

I will definitely give an update!!!

Are you in Florida?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:15 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
Moderate temps, no freezing temps, no 105-110 summers, in pool in January.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Hey Cindy yup its me

Yes we loved Boca Raton, however We decided on the West Coast..My son's HS's friends who he is still best friends with are in Boca so its a 3.5 hour drive not a big deal he is young lol he is the 22 year old...Yes your son and my daughter will graduate the same time!! I am SO ready for her to be out of school already..

Yes We are looking in Trinity, Land O Lakes and Wesley chapel...My family is in Boca and Delray, so are some of our friends..One of my Best Friends is in Land O lakes and my other is 20 min out of Disney so it will be nice to finally be close to both of them...

I will definitely give an update!!!

Are you in Florida?
No, we will probably wait until my youngest son graduates before "pulling the plug" LOL
My spouse also hits FRA the same time my son graduates so that works out! LOLOL

Maybe someday we can all meet!

Old 01-30-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Moderate temps, no freezing temps, no 105-110 summers, in pool in January.
Good reasons! Where did you move from?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
No, we will probably wait until my youngest son graduates before "pulling the plug" LOL
My spouse also hits FRA the same time my son graduates so that works out! LOLOL

Maybe someday we can all meet!
That would be great

Old 01-30-2017, 05:59 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
No winters , lower taxes, housing costs and overall 12 months of the year to do stuff outside
Moved to Port St Lucie from the Buffalo NY area 5 1/2 years ago

Old 01-30-2017, 06:40 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
I moved here 32 years ago to get away from a 80% democrat city, high taxes, fees, fines, crime, filth, traffic, tolls on bridges-tunnels-highways, pot holes, winter- snow-ice-wind chill. Can you guess the city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida