Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 07:36 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Why?.....because it doesn't fit in with your propaganda?
There are hundreds of articles, many quoting experienced scientists at Florida universities, online. I trust you can find them and read them. That is the opposite of propaganda.

Propaganda is harping on one thing (Like Beach who found some "rating" somewhere and doesn't put it in context - and who says Floridians don't care about the environment).....

Whereas I invite you to read, read, read and read. That's called education.

Corrie, it's the same old story. It's cold here today so Global Warming must be fake. This despite the warming of the Gulf and decades of warming worldwide. ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT IS COLD OUT TODAY.

Denial of vast effect of our species on land, water and air is just plain silly. Thousands of years ago we denuded and mined 10's of thousands of square miles...when the population of the planet was 1/100th or less of what it is today...and when each of those people used vastly less in resources.

Yet you and others claim we're not swimming in chit today? That's fantastic by any measure.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:45 AM

18,432 posts, read 8,266,769 times
LOL....putting words in my mouth

craig...it's the same old story....accusing someone of saying something they didn't to try and discredit them

My post was about land set aside for conservation......not global warming, or any other crap

Old 11-30-2018, 09:18 AM

25,724 posts, read 12,793,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
There are hundreds of articles, many quoting experienced scientists at Florida universities, online. I trust you can find them and read them. That is the opposite of propaganda.

Propaganda is harping on one thing (Like Beach who found some "rating" somewhere and doesn't put it in context - and who says Floridians don't care about the environment).....

Whereas I invite you to read, read, read and read. That's called education.

Corrie, it's the same old story. It's cold here today so Global Warming must be fake. This despite the warming of the Gulf and decades of warming worldwide. ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT IS COLD OUT TODAY.

Denial of vast effect of our species on land, water and air is just plain silly. Thousands of years ago we denuded and mined 10's of thousands of square miles...when the population of the planet was 1/100th or less of what it is today...and when each of those people used vastly less in resources.

Yet you and others claim we're not swimming in chit today? That's fantastic by any measure.
[b][i]Most Floridians care less about the environment than other more pressing issues in their lives. This has been proven in survey after survey. I just provided 2 links earlier today on the Miami's sinking topic thread. If you find an article or survey that shows otherwise, you'll see the source is a heavily left-leaning org, or pub. You need to learn how to filter out the left's propaganda (and the right's too).

Healthcare, economy, crime, drugs, terrorism, education, social security, medicare all rank above the environment in survey after survey conducted here in Florida.

It is a vast minority of Floridians who are obsessed with the environment, and have man-made end-of-times beliefs. This tiny sliver of fanatics have been brainwashed by the liberal media. They are unable to recognize their own programming. They are unable to filter fact from fiction and put things in proper perspective. Their beliefs are not part of mainstream beliefs, so they lash out w/ name calling & vitriol.

I could understand obsessing with the environment if you lived in Illinois, California, Ohio, or Louisiana where they have some real issues. Obsessing over it in Florida, which is rated #1 for being the best state on the environment, is something very few people do. It's such a small sliver of fanatics, they could be considered a cult.

For the 10th time, here's the link showing Florida's #1 on the natural environment...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...al-environment

The source you sighted listing Florida as 7th worse, does not take into account that Florida's population is 3rd largest in the U.S.. Your source listed Florida Power & Light as the worse air polluter...I'm so sorry that Florida's huge population needs electricity. I'm betting you consume electricity here in Florida..right?

Old 11-30-2018, 10:15 AM

At least Florida doesn't have these environmental issues on the scale California does...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sacrament...ss-encampments

Old 11-30-2018, 10:41 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
At least Florida doesn't have these environmental issues on the scale California does...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sacrament...ss-encampments
This is funny from the article you provided a link to.

"In San Francisco, leaders created “poop patrols” to clean up human waste as the city grapples with an increasing homeless population."

Haven't seen this yet in FL.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
This is funny from the article you provided a link to.

"In San Francisco, leaders created “poop patrols” to clean up human waste as the city grapples with an increasing homeless population."

Haven't seen this yet in FL.
Progressive policies cause problems that require progressive solutions

Old 11-30-2018, 04:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Progressive policies cause problems that require progressive solutions
The solution .... a shovel in CA.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
LOL....putting words in my mouth

craig...it's the same old story....accusing someone of saying something they didn't to try and discredit them

My post was about land set aside for conservation......not global warming, or any other crap
The Lake O water runs in canals and rivers directly through "lands set aside for conservation". Phosphate mining runoff does also.

Mother Nature cannot be easily fooled. Chit flows downhill, as the plumbers say.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:30 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,266,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The Lake O water runs in canals and rivers directly through "lands set aside for conservation". Phosphate mining runoff does also.

Mother Nature cannot be easily fooled. Chit flows downhill, as the plumbers say.
That still has nothing to do with what I said.....you can keep trying to spin what I said all you want
...all I said was over half of the state of Florida is set aside for conservation
and that is the truth

Old 12-02-2018, 08:11 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,258 times
The problem is much of Southeast Florida was late to the conservation party, so many critical and unique habitats have been destroyed. There’s plenty of swamp and pine lands in the interior that have been preserved.

Unfortunately, developers see a hammock of mature oak trees and love to plow it down.

I like to think the fanatics help balance out the people who don’t care. Otherwise- forget it.

The Lake Apopka restoration is a interesting case. I believe it was once the most toxic lake in the Florida.

http://nfwm-yaya.org/2008/01/lake-apopka-toxic-tours/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Apopka

https://www.clickorlando.com/water/h...-the-promising

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...019-story.html

https://www.wesh.com/article/lake-ap...poison/4441914

Enough with the links; you get the idea. Without the “ fanatics” there would probably be more issues like these. The sky has already fallen in some cases.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 12-02-2018 at 08:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida