Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 09:44 AM

731 posts, read 766,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
What is the saying... If you aren't liberal in your 20's, you have no heart. If you aren't conservative by your 40's, you have no brain. It's not exactly a surprise that older people lean conservative. As you get older, learn more about how the world works, people tend to lean more conservative/moderate. I think just about every retirement community functions that way. You aren't going to find very many places with older, retired liberals making up a majority.
My saying is once you get a job you become a conservative/moderate. LOL I've seen it happen with my nieces and nephews once they start working and making money.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:02 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Compared to some of the people in this community I'd be considered a full-blown "leftist." But it wouldn't be accurate, because most people don't really understand what a leftist IS. In fact, most people who think they're left-leaning, are actually moderate. The bar has been artificially moved by the recent decade's worth of politics. But the line upon which the bar has moved, remains the same.

So those who everyone says are "just normal conservatives" are in fact pretty far right conservatives. And most who are considered "moderates" are actually right-leaning, or fully into the low end of conservative. Those who are considered left, are actually moderates and most considered far left are just normal liberals.

I'm an ACTUAL moderate - which most people mistakenly call a liberal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRlri2UxPFY

Old 09-21-2020, 11:23 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
I guess the brain turns to mush at 60.
While the brain doesn’t turn to mush at 60, there is more to cognitive decline as one ages than just dementia. Scammers target the elderly because the odds that a 75 year old will turn over credit card info on the phone for a made up reason that sounds vaguely legit are better than a 35 year old would.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:30 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
My saying is once you get a job you become a conservative/moderate. LOL I've seen it happen with my nieces and nephews once they start working and making money.
It's pretty much the same saying, lol. I saw it with my own wife. Once we started making real money, she completely flipped to a moderate position, and she is Scandinavian.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
I guess the brain turns to mush at 60.
For liberals, maybe?

Old 09-21-2020, 12:39 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I couldn't rep you again but I repped the person who wished they could, and the person who did rep you.

Meanwhile - I'm staying put mostly because I can't afford to move. But secondly, and possibly just as important, I plan on being the change. I put my money (what little I have) where my mouth is.

I want the Villages to be somewhat less conservative, somewhat more progressive, somewhat less "if you're not wearing a veteran of [insert war here] hat, then you're wearing a maga hat" and somewhat more "[insert witty Chaucer quote] with a picture of Fred Flinstone tee-shirt". It's not enough to want something. You have to DO it. And so - I'll be that person with the weird tee shirt. And hopefully inspire someone else to show up with their own weird tee shirt. Until - the Villages becomes what I would like for it to be.

Well, they can always create a Villages type somewhere (I don't know where as I'm not a Florida know-it-all) for libs/dems, and all else not conservative instead of wanting to take over and conquer The Villages IMO.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Well, they can always create a Villages type somewhere (I don't know where as I'm not a Florida know-it-all) for libs/dems, and all else not conservative instead of wanting to take over and conquer The Villages IMO.
Nah, that would be too sensible. People like that prefer to antagonize, force their lifestyle, and change others.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:46 PM

126 posts, read 108,274 times
The woman in that video doesn't seem combative at all. Nope. An innocent victim.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:14 PM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
LOL she looks like the tormentor....and can certainly hold her own

Old 09-21-2020, 04:56 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
LOL she looks like the tormentor....and can certainly hold her own
As do the people riding by screaming "white power," would you want to live next door to that? I can imagine they gang up on anyone that disagrees with their views, Trumpers are easily triggered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida