Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2020, 10:32 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
God bless Governor DeSantis - best governor in the whole damn country!!!!
He's a Trump sycophant nothing more and nothing less and pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 11:06 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Honest question...have any of these super spreader events actually caused hospitalizations or deaths to go up?

..the numbers for Florida haven't changed now in months..and the death rate has gone down to practically nothing

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Yep, Florida is down to about 2500 positives a day and deaths hover around 100 a day with weekends reporting less. It's much better than it was early this summer.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:24 PM

70 posts, read 86,978 times
Quote:
Honest question...have any of these super spreader events actually caused hospitalizations or deaths to go up?

..the numbers for Florida haven't changed now in months..and the death rate has gone down to practically nothing

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
I guess it depends on what source you are acquiring your information from.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flor...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...00/3651917001/

Last edited by Jayman1974; 10-14-2020 at 09:35 PM..

Old 10-15-2020, 06:49 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1974 View Post
I guess it depends on what source you are acquiring your information from.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flor...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...00/3651917001/
Deaths are not reported to the New York Times or the Palm Beach Post....

..deaths are reported to the Florida Department of Health

and the newspapers have to get those numbers from FDH

so where they are coming up with those numbers, I have no idea

Old 10-15-2020, 07:13 AM

70 posts, read 86,978 times
Quote:
Deaths are not reported to the New York Times or the Palm Beach Post....

..deaths are reported to the Florida Department of Health

and the newspapers have to get those numbers from FDH

so where they are coming up with those numbers, I have no idea
What's interesting is if you click on "See dashboard" on the map at the Department of Health site, the total deaths in Florida since the pandemic began is exactly the same (15,788) as what was reported in the article from the Palm Beach Post.
The number includes resident deaths (15,595) as well as non-residents (193).

This article states that the information is based on what is reported by the Florida Department of Health. The number of daily deaths here and what is shown at the DOH site are not in agreement.

http://https://tallahasseereports.co...avirus-battle/

Last edited by Jayman1974; 10-15-2020 at 07:24 AM..

Old 10-17-2020, 06:42 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
He's a Trump sycophant nothing more and nothing less and pathetic.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:09 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
I actually appreciate Trumps sense of humor sometimes, just not so much on Twitter. He needs that taken away. But his comments about DeSantis were pretty funny. I think DeSantis is easily one of the best governors in the country, maybe the best. He's very practical and seems to govern with common sense instead of partisan nonsense.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:13 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I actually appreciate Trumps sense of humor sometimes, just not so much on Twitter. He needs that taken away. But his comments about DeSantis were pretty funny. I think DeSantis is easily one of the best governors in the country, maybe the best. He's very practical and seems to govern with common sense instead of partisan nonsense.
I agree!

Old 10-17-2020, 05:34 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 10-18-2020, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 611 times
Default Covid19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
This was released by the CDC this week--

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC):
Ages 0-19: 99.997%
Ages 20-49: 99.98%
Ages 50-69: 99.5%
Ages 70+: 94.6%

Per the CDC’s numbers, those under 70-years-of-age have close to a 0% chance of dying from the infection.

For 6% of the deaths reported, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. There’s a big difference between dying WITH COVID and dying FROM it.

Right now, if you have terminal lung cancer, kidney or liver failure and test positive for COVID, you are counted as a COVID death.

This doesn’t mean COVID can’t be dangerous, it can. But it’s almost exclusively dangerous among those with certain diseases or advanced in age. It does not make sense to shut down the entire state based on the FACTS we now have about COVID-19.
ED/ICU Trauma RN for over 20 years. For years I would tell my elderly patients & visitors wash,wash, wash your hands or have someone go to store for you with any flu outbreak.

The CDC's positive case numbers do not reflect their own admission of 50% false positives. The CDC has still not come clean to reflect Corona(family of flu viruses) testing versus specific RNA Covid-19 testing. Which one are they doing. Now the WHO has announced that lockdowns are more dangerous than the virus because of the future starvation/depression/suicide to the population.

The virus is present. The black death epidemic of COVID-19 is not. Every patient I have cared for in the past year were either immunocompromised(child to adult) or had numerous comorbidities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida