Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 09:31 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _burrito View Post
OP is being silly about the lovebugs. Sure, they happen but are far from a nuisance.

Want to be overrun by lovebugs? Travel I-10 over the Atchafalaya basin in Louisiana.
Depends... I remember travelling daily across Lake Jesup on the 417, and every time I got home, I'd have to power wash my car to get them off. It would be covered in splattered bugs and bug juice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 09:52 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
"Lovebugs have made Florida their home because they thrive in warm, humid climates -- commonly on the Gulf Coast. Many times these flies are seen in swarms, most commonly during their two specific mating seasons--once in the spring (April to May), and then again in the late summer (August to September)."

https://www.google.com/search?q=love...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 06-01-2021, 10:08 AM

396 posts, read 417,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Depends... I remember travelling daily across Lake Jesup on the 417, and every time I got home, I'd have to power wash my car to get them off. It would be covered in splattered bugs and bug juice.
Good point. I never paid attention to that when crossing that bridge. Too busy looking for gators lol.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:31 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Love Bug Infestations are something to be away from....There are years where Florida is covered with them. It's not pretty, it doesn't smell nice and the WORK you must do to clean your vehicles is never ending for the time they are here BUGGINN' Us.

Nasty Bugs definetely.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:02 AM

71 posts, read 103,157 times
To my knowledge Lovebugs are only bad in the western communities. Like most coastline areas don't really have Lovebugs as serious as like Central and North Central areas of FL.
For example I was visiting FL two years ago. I have a Cousin who lives in Marion Oaks near Ocala.
The Lovebugs where terrible, he literally would have to wash his car at least two or three times a week.
While I was there for my visit, we took a trip down to West Palm Beach for Sunfest of 2019.
Once we made it to West Palm it was like the lovebugs never even existed.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:19 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Quote:
For example I was visiting FL two years ago. I have a Cousin who lives in Marion Oaks near Ocala.
The Lovebugs where terrible, he literally would have to wash his car at least two or three times a week.
While I was there for my visit, we took a trip down to West Palm Beach for Sunfest of 2019.
Once we made it to West Palm it was like the lovebugs never even existed.
If a Miamian NEVER travelled N of here in a vehicle, they would never know what the critters even look like. but this year and for the 1st time ever for me, I saw them flying together in SW Miami, close to the Everglades. I'm in Miami since 1988, and because I came here from the Tampa Bay Area I travel quite often there and to NE Orlando I know like Yeehaw Junction MUST be the The Place where they meet, all come from or ALL are born there..just to messs up our vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida