Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2007, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,375 times

Advertisements

My mother died in Hillsborough County in 1947. Not long ago, and just before he died, my father told me that she was buried in Crystal Lake Cemetery near his hometown of Frostproof. For the life of me, I cannot find any cemetery with this name. I'm beginning to think that with the passage of time, maybe the name of the cemetery has changed, or maybe my dad was simply confused. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdeditch View Post
My mother died in Hillsborough County in 1947. Not long ago, and just before he died, my father told me that she was buried in Crystal Lake Cemetery near his hometown of Frostproof. For the life of me, I cannot find any cemetery with this name. I'm beginning to think that with the passage of time, maybe the name of the cemetery has changed, or maybe my dad was simply confused. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Could not find a reference to the cementary in the historical trail, email the source and they might have more info.

Vhttp://www.frostproof.net/

Old 01-06-2007, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,025 times
Frostproof and Crystal Lake (the city) are in Polk County. I believe Frostproof is incorporated. Hillsborough County is to the west. Tampa is approximately 65miles from Frostproof. (in Hillsborough County) They have a cemetary named Lake Carroll Cemetery. Don't know if this is the one or if any of this helps but check the links below for cemetary names, and maybe family names. Good luck.

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/cemetery/florida.htm
http://www.interment.net/us/fl/index.htm

Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Email

info@cemfla.com <info@cemfla.com> They should be able to help....

Old 01-06-2007, 07:08 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdeditch View Post

If you don't already have one, get a copy of her death certificate. The funeral home name and possibly the cemetery name will be on it.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/planning_...ics/deaths.htm

Last edited by FL_TN_Nana; 01-06-2007 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: Addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida