Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:04 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Does all of that outweigh the 5.3% of your income that Mass takes out every year from you?

I don't know where you got the idea,but FL doesn't tax food unless it's prepared or take-out. Also, you don't need heating fuel in FL

According to the Tax Foundation, MA has the 23rd highest overall tax burden while FL is the 46th highest

2008 estimates, it's 2010......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM

184 posts, read 438,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
With logic like that, the Bush administration needs to be held responsible for the 9/11 attacks on our soil because this disaster occurred during his term in office. My point is that Bush is no more responsible for 9/11 than Obama is for the high unemployment. The only difference is that Bush has had an additional 7 years to resolve our national economic issues (and these issues continued to worsen). Give the guy a chance!
Give the guy(obama) a chance! LOLOLOL. We did and he ruined the economy. Do you live in a cave?! WOW.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:13 PM

184 posts, read 438,280 times
Obama is not fit to be president. I would not have this guy running a business we have. This country is going to be owned by China at the rate he's going. Then there's healthcare which will break us all and this is the TRUTH.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
[/b]

2008 estimates, it's 2010......
so what? There's data there from 1973-2008 and FL wins EVERY TIME. Are you telling me that people don't call it "Taxachussetts"?? i've talked to people in MA and that's where I heard that term from.

Nothing has changed that dramatically in 2 years. If so, you're welcome to prove it. Until then, quit whining about FL when it's one of the best states to live in as far as taxes and overall costs of things.

Quote:
BTW, do you live in FL???
Grew up here. I've also lived in NY, PA, and NJ so I'm not making this stuff up. NY and NJ, especially, will take every cent they can from you with taxes and fees out the wazoo.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
so what? There's data there from 1973-2008 and FL wins EVERY TIME. Are you telling me that people don't call it "Taxachussetts"?? i've talked to people in MA and that's where I heard that term from.

Nothing has changed that dramatically in 2 years. If so, you're welcome to prove it. Until then, quit whining about FL when it's one of the best states to live in as far as taxes and overall costs of things.

Grew up here. I've also lived in NY, PA, and NJ so I'm not making this stuff up. NY and NJ, especially, will take every cent they can from you with taxes and fees out the wazoo.
I will indeed "whine" about the state of FL seeing as I have been here for the last 16 years, thank you boss....

Ya, NY and NJ are 2 of the most expensive states out there, duh... Besides I was not talking about THOSE states. MY point is I can live in Western MA for the SAME amount as here. Quality of life is better for me there. Oh ya, and there are jobs there..... unlike here. Funny how all you can compare is taxes... Nothing on the real reason for this thread, which is about the rediculous unemployment rate here. And how there are jobs constantly being lost down here.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
MY point is I can live in Western MA for the SAME amount as here. Quality of life is better for me there. Oh ya, and there are jobs there, unlike here.
I guess that's why people were moving to MA until the recession hit.... oh wait, that was FL

Old 06-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I guess that's why people were moving to MA until the recession hit.... oh wait, that was FL

Oh yet another 2006 story, right when everything was going downhill, look at FL since then smart guy.... Some day you will understand that CURRENT information makes more sense.

http://www.aolnews.com/story/florida...t-in-63/625955

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...NEWS/908285013

http://thetvrealist.com/gossip/Floridas-population-growth-rate-continues-decline-2758310.html (broken link)

AND.............................

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/ne...ation-increase

Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Oh yet another 2006 story, right when everything was going downhill, look at FL since then smart guy.... Some day you will understand that CURRENT information makes more sense.
care to show me where MA has all of a sudden gotten better?

The census overall still shows MA losing population over the past 10 years (FL hasn't). MA will probably lose seats in Congress because of it.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...t_in_us_house/

Old 06-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Oh my God... Ignorance is bliss.... Are you serious, FL has lost in population over the last few years.

"Gov. Charlie Crist performed as the Sunshine State’s chief pitch-man, blowing off Florida’s historic population loss and touting the fine weather in a CNBC interview this morning.
Florida saw a drop of 58,000 residents last year, the first population decrease since military residents left the state after World War II.
“It’s not that big a deal, to be honest with you,” Crist shrugged off the decline on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” show today."

Naturally he would do all he can to polish up the states not so attractive economy.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
care to show me where MA has all of a sudden gotten better?

The census overall still shows MA losing population over the past 10 years (FL hasn't). MA will probably lose seats in Congress because of it.

Population shift likely to cost Mass. seat in US House - The Boston Globe

Seriously, do you, or can you read????

Massachusetts sees population increase - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

^^^^^ See where it says INCREASE????? OH LOOK, it was done 6 months ago too!!!! WOW!!!!

I also don't follow politics either, because I do not care about it.... No interest in it. it's all BS anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida