Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 PM

267 posts, read 1,141,033 times

Advertisements

Hi, Does anyone know of or have any experience with MI homes?? I have narrowed down my search of areas to live. We have settled on Sterling Hill in Spring Hill. Now I just have to decide between MI homes and Inland homes. I love one of the homes by Inland and have just seen MI homes on the computer, but I have never heard of MI homes. Are they considered a good builder. I know some are really good and some are good to stay away from. Anyone know?? Thanks
Jenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 01:40 PM

99 posts, read 553,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
Hi, Does anyone know of or have any experience with MI homes?? I have narrowed down my search of areas to live. We have settled on Sterling Hill in Spring Hill. Now I just have to decide between MI homes and Inland homes. I love one of the homes by Inland and have just seen MI homes on the computer, but I have never heard of MI homes. Are they considered a good builder. I know some are really good and some are good to stay away from. Anyone know?? Thanks
Jenn
We just purchased a new MI Homes in Winter Garden, FL. We didn't know the builder either at first. They have exceeded our expectations with the the quality of homes, service and overall commitment to customer service.

The problems and issues that came up during and after construction were quickly addressed and taken care of.

They could do better with their marketing I think (website, etc), but what's important is that they are doing the right thing for their customers.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:46 PM

29 posts, read 129,188 times
I don't have experience buying an mi home, but as a person who has been through their models and talked to a few of their employees, I can say that build a pretty nice home. Good quality and from the people I talked to very good service. I believe they are an Ohio based organization.

I've not heard of inland homes so I can't speak to them, is that the builder or are they backed by a bigger corporation?

Old 02-11-2007, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 16,774 times
Quote:
Jenn
Yes I rented a brand new home build by inland homes while my M/I Homes
was being built, we're very happy with M/I quality and service, by far better
than any other builder in the area M/I is the only one offering 30 years
warranty in the structure, compare I think M/I is the way to go

Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 PM

232 posts, read 886,574 times
What does MI stand for I would like to check out their website

Old 02-14-2007, 09:49 PM

267 posts, read 1,141,033 times
Default mi initials

I don't know what the MI stands for, but you can just put MI homes into a google search and thier site will come up.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:58 PM

99 posts, read 553,623 times
Quote:
I don't know what the MI stands for, but you can just put MI homes into a google search and thier site will come up.
From one of their press releases:

"Irving and his cousin, the late Melvin L. Schottenstein, founded M/I Homes in 1976 in Columbus, Ohio."

www.mihomes.com

Old 02-25-2007, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 12,197 times
Default mi home and inland home

those home are being build by the same people i frame those house i work for cca and they buid frame inland homes and mi homes when you go to buy house look at the people who dose the work on them then you see if you want to buy it b/c a lot of people mess up on homes b/c you want to buy a good home right mi homes and inland homes are just the compaian who sell them not who build them ask about the compaians who build them then find out about there work and then you know you are buying a good house you don't want to spend like 192,000 and like 340,000 or whatever it may be you don't want a house that is hafe way fit to gather home and spend money like that do you i know i don't people need to look at that and think

Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 PM

6 posts, read 15,223 times
Default Do not build a home with M/I Homes!

I see that you posted this a while ago; hopefully you haven't built with M/I. We have had one nightmare after another with this builder.

We signed papers in September of 2006 with Earnest Money and in November 2006 our sales Consultant quit working for M/I. It was just the beginning to all the problems we had.

We were at the work site almost every day. Keeping up on the progress. We started noticing little things like their "rules" for contractors not being allowed to smoke in the house once windows and cabinets went in. Cigarette ashes and butts were left in numerous places including on our new vinyl flooring. When we made several complaints about it. M/I basically ignored us.

Let me just shorten this up and say that do not close on your home unless everything is perfect! When we did our walk through on the house about 2 weeks before closing, we found many things that were wrong. We went through the house again on the day of closing and our M/I Rep only took us to show us the things that were "fixed". We didn't do a complete walk around again, which we should have done. One major item was a very large red stain that someone had tried to clean up and hide from us, which we noticed and our M/I Rep said that he could get that fixed no problem.

Our mistake was going to closing without having the house "perfect". We closed and when I came back, I started to notice many items that had been damaged in the two weeks that things were to be fixed. The list is too long to go into.

We basically received a "lemon" for a house. It's been 6 months and we are still dealing with issues. Our joy of building our first home has been robbed from us.

We can only pray that things don't get worse as more settling happens over the next few years.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM

165 posts, read 656,970 times
MI builds a really nice home .My friend owns one in Winter Garden also and she loves it .I was going to buy one myself but were heading out of the state soon. good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida