Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM

558 posts, read 1,836,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
...17. Did you know that if you move to Florida, a burglar will break into your house at least once a month?
18. Are you aware that every inch of Florida is exactly the same?
19. Even if you have friends and family in Florida, do they count since they live in Florida? (They might be rude people).
20. Did you know that they ship more toilets to Florida than other other state just so they can provide toilet-cleaning jobs to intentionally make for a low-wage economy?

Many more to come if I have the time (or have the lack thereof).
Margel was actually quoting my post......so you should be mocking me. And they are valid questions to consider before moving anywhere. This is a perfect example of what I was saying in my previous post......
They can't refute the facts and opinions so they mock.....

No one has ever stated that all of Florida is the same!

Last edited by Lakeland Yankee; 11-05-2008 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 12:15 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,918,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
Margel was actually quoting my post......so you should be mocking me. And they are valid questions to consider before moving anywhere. This is a perfect example of what I was saying in my previous post......
They can't refute the facts and opinions so they mock.....
I'm not mocking you, I'm just adding on to your list. It's all true. I'm well aware of the original source, but I was too lazy to click back that far to quote . Florida does indeed have some clean toilets. Don't know about Lakeland though, but all of Florida is the same so this is probably the case there too.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 PM

33 posts, read 121,700 times
Unhappy Sad!

Wow....this is some scary ****! I've been wanting to move to Florida for who knows how long (maybe more than 2 years by now). But after I started reading all these posts about how bad it is in Florida, I think I must've changed my mind. I'm sad and depressed now.

I love Florida's weather....but you guys really scare me with all these posts!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,918,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily15 View Post
Wow....this is some scary ****! I've been wanting to move to Florida for who knows how long (maybe more than 2 years by now). But after I started reading all these posts about how bad it is in Florida, I think I must've changed my mind. I'm sad and depressed now.

I love Florida's weather....but you guys really scare me with all these posts!!!!!
Where in Florida were you considering? Florida is a big, varied state. Some parts of it do suck, but they might only suck for me and not for another person. And the same could be said for anyone and anywhere.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:41 PM

727 posts, read 1,838,207 times
no, thank god florida isnt the same throughout the state. could you imagine if there were more than one miami? orlando? tampa? YIKES!!!!!! i much prefer the panhandle or northen fla over south fla, tampa, or orlando. but i will probably bypass both when i get out of orlando. there are good place in florida, but i encourage you to stay away from cities mentioned above.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,372,321 times
Can I ask what the age is of some of these negative posters?

We live in Vero Beach and we love it. It's clean, the beaches are never crowded, the restaurants are great, we have an art museum, the Riverside Theatre, an adequate mall and outlet mall, and lots of good shopping on Ocean Drive. Come down to Florida and find your niche. My heaven may be your hell and vice versa.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-06-2008 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Removed the age 13 comment

Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM

436 posts, read 1,358,331 times
Quote:

This is exactly why I feel the need to respond to some of these overexaggerated posts. Like every state in this Union, there are good areas, and some not so great areas depending upon your needs, income, family situation, and profession. Don't be frightened away from a dream of yours by those who haven't been able to make their dreams come true. Research the areas by what you need and what you can put into it. Come down and see for yourself; talk to the locals and get a real feel for the area you are looking into, and you will eventually narrow down your search. It's a shame that people are being scared away by some of these posts. You really need to experience the state for yourself. Some are here not by choice, and others are unhappy and for many reasons cannot readily leave so they vent here. Sometimes their opinions are a little swayed. Maybe mine is too on the more positive side because thankfully for me, I have gotten to see the best side of Florida....and yes there is a best side.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,966,450 times
Quote:

I would not use this forum as the only source of info on if you should or should not move to Florida. There are so many different areas in this state to choose from.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM

558 posts, read 1,836,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margel View Post
This is exactly why I feel the need to respond to some of these overexaggerated posts. Like every state in this Union, there are good areas, and some not so great areas depending upon your needs, income, family situation, and profession. Don't be frightened away from a dream of yours by those who haven't been able to make their dreams come true. Research the areas by what you need and what you can put into it. Come down and see for yourself; talk to the locals and get a real feel for the area you are looking into, and you will eventually narrow down your search. It's a shame that people are being scared away by some of these posts. You really need to experience the state for yourself. Some are here not by choice, and others are unhappy and for many reasons cannot readily leave so they vent here. Sometimes their opinions are a little swayed. Maybe mine is too on the more positive side because thankfully for me, I have gotten to see the best side of Florida....and yes there is a best side.
No one here is overexaggerating. Every problem we speak of is a real issue. My truth and reality may not be yours ; yours may not be mine. Why should anyone be subjected to insults, mocking, attacks or fights for sharing their experiences. I'm NOT talking about you Margel but some of the other "cheerleaders". I can easily provide links backing up Florida's high unemployment, high sex offender number, strange crimes, high insurance rates, poor school ratings, drugs, etc but I didn't think I had to (isn't it common knowledge?).

I would advise anyone thinking of moving to Florida to wait until the economy is better unless you are retired. Florida is one of the worst states for unemployment and foreclosures in the nation. I want to see people move to Florida and be successful but I won't tell them what they WANT to hear , I'll tell them what they NEED to know.

I'm not a realtor nor do I play one on City-Data.com .

Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM

33 posts, read 121,700 times
Default Sad!

Thanks everybody for your advices. I'm only a school teacher sick of the cold weather here in Chicago.

Yes, I know I would have to go to Florida to experience myself what everybody talks about in these posts. But, I just read them to try to have an idea of how the cities in Florida are and what to expect.

Now, let's see........First, I thought of moving to Orlando....but changed my mind. Then, the areas around it. Then, Tampa, and the areas around it. Then, Fort Lauderdale, and again, the areas around it.

Changed my mind on all of them. Florida is full of crime, and everything else that I've heard in here........There's no place in Florida safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida