Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 01:38 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And just imagine --- crime is actually DOWN now, in 2008 - 2009 (despite the slight uptick over the lows of 2005, etc.) ---- in comparison to the 80s and 90s. I wonder where all these "Florida has become so unsafe and awful" people were back then?

Maybe they themselves were younger, less cranky, and happier in their own lives back then that they didn't so much. Maybe they didn't have the internet and the 24/7 new cycle back then to whip them into a frenzy.
It rose in broward. Not sure about Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:39 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
It rose in broward. Not sure about Miami
Crime in Broward is now higher in 2008 - 2009 as compared to what it was in the 80s and 90s?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Crime in Broward is now higher in 2008 - 2009 as compared to what it was in the 80s and 90s?
as the depression continues on those crime levels will come back. This thing is only a year in. Give it time my friend.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
as the depression continues on those crime levels will come back. This thing is only a year in. Give it time my friend.
I bet some people here can't WAIT!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I bet some people here can't WAIT!
I woke up yesterday to my car sitting on bricks. Someone stole all four of my tires and wheels. I thought I had been transported back to the 80s to Mott Haven in the Bronx. The cop said under his breath "we are starting to see more and more crazy stuff". I for one do not look forward to whats coming but with unemployment approaching double digits, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will get worse.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
And just imagine --- crime is actually DOWN now, in 2008 - 2009 (despite the slight uptick over the lows of 2005, etc.) ---- in comparison to the 80s and 90s. I wonder where all these "Florida has become so unsafe and awful" people were back then?

Maybe they themselves were younger, less cranky, and happier in their own lives back then that they didn't so much. Maybe they didn't have the internet and the 24/7 new cycle back then to whip them into a frenzy.
Crime in Palm Beach County is acutally down all around in 08, violent crimes in Broward are down but an increase in theft and burglary made for a slight overall increase.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/..._annual08.aspx

Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
I woke up yesterday to my car sitting on bricks. Someone stole all four of my tires and wheels. I thought I had been transported back to the 80s to Mott Haven in the Bronx. The cop said under his breath "we are starting to see more and more crazy stuff". I for one do not look forward to whats coming but with unemployment approaching double digits, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will get worse.
That has been happening the last two years already in my area, but haven't seen it lately thank goodness. sorry to hear about this, did you have the locking lug nuts? Once the neighbor down the street just put in those concrete stone pavers around their flower beds, that night they were all stolen, and they were used to prop up someones car a couple blocks away, so the theives could take the tires just like they did yours.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
That has been happening the last two years already in my area, but haven't seen it lately thank goodness. sorry to hear about this, did you have the locking lug nuts? Once the neighbor down the street just put in those concrete stone pavers around their flower beds, that night they were all stolen, and they were used to prop up someones car a couple blocks away.
*sigh*

I THOUGHT I had those locking lug nuts on there but I am not sure anymore. I purchased new wheels a few months back and I had the locking ones on the old set. So, I could have sworn they put the locking ones on the new wheels but maybe they didn't. I should have double checked. Anyway, yeah I have been noticing cars around here for the last year sitting on cinder blocks. I thought maybe people were putting their cars up to work on them. I saw a wicked RX-7 sitting up on blocks once but it just never dawned on me that this is what that was. Well not until this ish happened. So now I have to go purchase new wheels and you best believe I will be getting 16 locking lugs nuts. They will have a hell of a time next go round. My brother is paranoid as hell now. He has a classic 1993 240sx with some nice wheels. But he has the locking lug nuts on each lug and some other deterents. I think they went after him first. Because the center piece to his wheels is missing. He assumed maybe it came off after hitting a bump but thing is, that thing screws on so it couldnt be a bump that did that. Guess they tried to fidget with it, figured they couldn't do it because of the locks and then zeroed in on my car.

I am paranoid to leave my place for to long now, because I think break ins are just around the corner. Friend of mine said I shold move but I told him to get real. Crime knows no zip code, there is a thing called the automobile. Crime is extremely mobile.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:

I am paranoid to leave my place for to long now, because I think break ins are just around the corner. Friend of mine said I shold move but I told him to get real. Crime knows no zip code, there is a thing called the automobile. Crime is extremely mobile.
I'm not sure where you live, but rim theft has always been extremely popular around Plantation/West Ft. Lauderdale (lets look at State Road 7 as the epicenter) as well as some parts of Miramar for quite some time. Like you said, it's mobile, but it seems to occur a lot in areas that are near a lot of warehouses. Hmm...

Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Crime knows no zip code, there is a thing called the automobile. Crime is extremely mobile.
Ohhhh So true! Crime is up all over Miami-Dade, I know to some I probably sound like a record player. But it is up, and like you said "Crime knows no zip code"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida