Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 12:41 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times

Advertisements

Of course there are bad natives! I was just saying, since someone made reference to Casey Anthony being a child killer from FL. And I stated that they arent actually from FL.

But absolutely, I wanna make myself clear, there are plenty of criminals and morons from the state of FL. As there are in anyother state. I just dont like when people say things like "Floridians are rude and nasty" when many are not. But we get lumped together with all the other folks (and it wouldnt be as big of a deal if FL didnt have sooo many criminals and undesirables that have moved here from elsewhere, along with many other folks who are rude) just because we live in the same state. I dont think any other state in the US can say that they attract as many rude and angry people from the northeast and midwest, and criminals from all over like FL can. Gimme one state that can compete with FL when it comes to undesirables moving to another state to "hide out." I go back to my COPS and America's Most Wanted reference from another thread.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:50 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
I know - you are reasonable. I was just bustin chops - I will have you know that when I am there a year, I am going to consider myself a Floridian. You will then have to add me to one of those who is nice, polite and couteous. That is until you mess with my kids and then all of Puerto Rico comes out of me and I will cut you - LOL - I was writing this and couldn't even read it with a straight face. Yes, I do have jokes on my own culture!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Your PR? LOL, you should move to Orlando then. 2nd highest pop of PR's in the US, behind only NYC.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2Tampa View Post
SoFL rush hour traffic maybe, mainly do to geographical constraints, but Tampa and Orlando's(other than the Xmas holidays) traffic congestion don't even begin to compare with DC, Baltimore, Philly, NY/NJ, or Boston.
Orlando's I-4/408/Tpke traffic is as bad as NJ's Turnpike/78/GSP during rush hour.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 PM

326 posts, read 1,170,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
Ok, tell me where in FL I can go that I can get away from northern transplants and retirees then please.
Key West! I think Florida is a melting pot of every state in the U.S. The state has only been inhabited in most parts only a hundered years so it's pretty hard to find a true "Florida Cracker". I currently live on the West Coast and their are alot more people from the Midwest than North East. Some places have alot more natives than others that a sure thing.Your right it is impossible not to find a northerner. So you can't get away from their "bow down in kiss my toes I'm from the north mentality". I believe you can't change a person just how you act towards them.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Orlando's I-4/408/Tpke traffic is as bad as NJ's Turnpike/78/GSP during rush hour.

Drive it everyday.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Ok, tell me where in FL I can go that I can get away from northern transplants and retirees then please.
Bartow. Labelle. Clewiston. Okeechobee.

Good dose of "old Florida" living in those places.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Quote:
I just dont like when people say things like "Floridians are rude and nasty" when many are not.
And people from NJ don't like hearing it either.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Drive it everyday.
I've done the commute in both NJ and Orlando, I have "driven it" every day so am qualified to make the comparision. Are you?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
Key West! I think Florida is a melting pot of every state in the U.S. The state has only been inhabited in most parts only a hundered years so it's pretty hard to find a true "Florida Cracker". I currently live on the West Coast and their are alot more people from the Midwest than North East. Some places have alot more natives than others that a sure thing.Your right it is impossible not to find a northerner. So you can't get away from their "bow down in kiss my toes I'm from the north mentality". I believe you can't change a person just how you act towards them.
Plenty of northerners in Key West these days as well. It's not all Conch's like it used to be. And the cruise ships that disgorge passengers day in and day out are enough to make me not want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida