Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times

Advertisements

A poor man does not give people jobs, a smart and wealthy business man does.//Unquote

But unfortunately the wealthy businessmen aren't giving any jobs out. The few jobs that are out there are part time jobs that don't pay even a surviving wage. The wealthy businessman didn't get rich by himself. He did it on the backs of his hard-working employees.

Sorry, I still feel the same way. The poor man has to feed his family and he's no less of a human being just because he's not rich or powerful. In fact, I'd rather be a poor and honest person then a rich, self-serving crook with no compassion for others. IMHO Crist is bordering the latter by his refusal to help his constituents who need it the most right now.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
A poor man does not give people jobs, a smart and wealthy business man does.//Unquote

But unfortunately the wealthy businessmen aren't giving any jobs out. The few jobs that are out there are part time jobs that don't pay even a surviving wage. The wealthy businessman didn't get rich by himself. He did it on the backs of his hard-working employees.

Sorry, I still feel the same way. The poor man has to feed his family and he's no less of a human being just because he's not rich or powerful. In fact, I'd rather be a poor and honest person then a rich, self-serving crook with no compassion for others. IMHO Crist is bordering the latter by his refusal to help his constituents who need it the most right now.
I am not separating people as humans because they have money or do not have money.

Small business is our backbone and if he raises taxes on those people just for no reason other then to trickle the money down then it is wrong and will not work.

The way to create new jobs is to put money into the hands of business people who run a legit business. Not all business people are crooked, people need to stop thinking that if you run your own business and do well that you are a crook.

We cannot keep spending money we do not have, that's the bottom line.
Just like your home budget, if you overspend you will pay for it in the long run, our government is run the same way, overspend and we will pay for it.

This Presidents idea of how to get us out of this hole is not going to work. Taking money from businesses and taxing people even after death is wrong and just shows he is and always was for re distribution of wealth which is wrong.

On the other hand I have my own business and you would not ever believe how employees take advantage of, steal from and cheat employers until you see what I had to deal with for many years.

We caught employees taking paper towels out of the bathroom, we provided jugs of tea and juice for free to employees and found one lady taking a gallon home one night. We had people clock in and leave and come back 1/2 later and the list goes on and on.

Believe me I know many business who the employees steal from the employers far more then the other way around.

Personally I believe Crist is doing the right thing, someone has to stop the bleeding. Paying benefits no matter what it is when the money is not there is wrong and should be stopped.

He has to stop the spending of money we do not have.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
If you are going to offer unemployment it should be applied to all workers, full and part-time. Otherwise eliminate unemployment altogether. The complaint I have is that certain wealthy people get preferential treatment by government to make their businesses more profitable, while the rest of us are hindered by Big Government. There is a better way.

1) Eliminate inflation, let workers save for their retirement instead.

2) Shrink government. Each government employee is a load on the productive economy and a lifetime of benefits after retirement. Regulations favor the well connected and hurt every other business

3) Eliminate the income tax or make the standard exemption the average worker's wage. Burn the current tax code for energy. Eliminate property taxes on non-commercial property as well.

4) Throw the bums out. Replace useless lawyers in government by citizens willing to serve for 4 years.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
If it was up to some of you small business owners, you would be paying people 50 cents an hour and still expecting them to pay this "flat tax" on that money.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,541 times
let us pray they change there mind... and give us the extension please

Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default I hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmharri View Post
let us pray they change there mind... and give us the extension please
since Florida has a 9.4% unemployment rate, with many cities much higher (Ft. Myers at 12%), and fewer jobs to begin with, this state needs all the help they can get.

Maybe my husband and I don't need this (now), but that doesn't mean I cannot sympathize with those who do. Been there, done that.

Good luck to you all.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,522 times
go to NELP.org ...it states the latest in the unemployment fiasco, and apparently FL introduced the reform legislation to accept the federal stimulus funds...we'll see how the vote goes, but Crist is still showing his support of the legislation...

Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Do you people getting your news from Rush Limbaugh have a clue what's really going on?

You spit out his rhetoric like you're robots, meanwhile ElRushbo grabs a Cuban cigar from his specially made humidor room in his million dollar home. I doubt he believes a word that he says, but he's making a lot of money at it.

I voted for Obama and so far my President is exactly living up to his word. He's offering unemployment but at some point Florida has to buck up and start to sustain itself. All you conservatives are whining that you can't stay on the public dole indefinitely.

Hypocrites.

Small business owners? We are just starting a business. The tax credits are fabulous. Thank you Obama administration.

And thank you Bush/Cheney administration for weakening our position in the world, our status and bringing the American economy to its needs. And thanks Ronald Reagan for busting the unions until the middle class slowly disappeared.

And I suggest that creepy war criminal Cheney not venture out of this country lest he be arrested.

Oh, and a sweet move by the Obama administration and the Navy Seals this past Easter. Go USA!

Last edited by hiknapster; 04-13-2009 at 05:51 PM..

Old 04-13-2009, 05:41 PM

478 posts, read 1,325,328 times
So how long does unemployment compensation last? Is it just 6 months, or has it been extended?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
So how long does unemployment compensation last? Is it just 6 months, or has it been extended?
It looks like it is being held up by Florida House Republicans.

Printed News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida