Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How bad are the red light runners where you reside?
terrible, absolutely terrible. 25 59.52%
pretty bad. 9 21.43%
see it from time to time, but it's pretty rare actually. 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

how bout shoving me out of the lane in the supermarket parking lot with their fender, when i am on foot? how bout backing up on the freeway to catch that exit. how about no remorse for either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 03:58 PM

53 posts, read 127,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
how bout shoving me out of the lane in the supermarket parking lot with their fender, when i am on foot? how bout backing up on the freeway to catch that exit. how about no remorse for either.
O.M.G. Please, please, please tell me you're kidding. The sad thing is, I believe you, and I am guessing....... you were in South FL? This is really something people need to hear and read when wanting to relocate to FL. This isnt your gramma's FL anymore

Berryjuice? Are you reading this? Yikes!

Last edited by TatersFan; 05-10-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 AM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times
In Miami, we have to contend with nutcases like this too:

Mom killed, daughter hurt, woman robbed after pickup rams van - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/460/story/1042208.html - broken link)

Very sad.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 AM

190 posts, read 814,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Miami is probably the worst place on earth I've ever driven. It's not just that people here are aggressive; they're reckless and stupid (lethal mix).

My daily commute consists of trying to keep my sanity. I see people driving like lunatics all the time, cutting off, tailgating, weaving across 4 lanes of an expressway, excessive speeding and all sorts of crazy sh@t from people either too stupid to care, or people who are driving while yapping on their cellphones. Then you have macho idiots in pickup trucks, speeding and driving those huge vehicles as if they were as maneuverable as a Honda Civic.

Yes, a lot of these things happen in many major cities, but they tend to happen in Miami a lot more. Driving in Dade County is hell on wheels.
Man, I agree 1000% with this post. My blood pressure just skyrockets whenever I get behind the wheel and have to contend with these idiots.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
I saw one of those this weekend. I guy hit the breaks on a 40 mile an hour road and backed up because he missed his turn in. Everybody hit their breaks. You just don't have any idea what to think. All he had to do was go around the block or go down and turn around.

Yet his decision process decided it was better to endanger himself and others to turn into a parking lot. I always find this stuff as small glimpses into peoples thinking and it is scary. That was the best plan he could come up with to solve his little problem. How would you like this same person taking care of your child at say a day-care.

We can only assume he is a person who works and has some responsibilities somewhere. Are they that stupid or just care that little? It is a bit scary dealing with fellow human beings. I have very little trust in the average person I come in contact with or their competence in anything. Most peoples credo is, they don't care what they do or the consequences as long as they don't get caught or blamed.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 AM

47 posts, read 118,803 times
I cant believe people do that. It's all in the attitude and the "I'm better than everyone else" attitude that is so prevalent in Miami.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I dont even know how to respond to that one, Huckleberry. That is crazy.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon'Fishing View Post
I cant believe people do that. It's all in the attitude and the "I'm better than everyone else" attitude that is so prevalent in Miami.
It's not attitude, it is an inability to make quick and clear decisions along with rational thinking. I had a friend get into a serious accident on a motorcycle talking on a cell phone. Hard to believe he could even hear. Regardless, his excuse was he couldn't put away the cell phone quick enough when he got cut off.

I guess it didn't occur to him to just drop it and grab the handle bar. Now he is trying to learn to walk again over the value of a cell phone he tried to hold on to.
I read recently the average I.Q. in the US has gone down 5 points since the last time such figures were compiled. Think about that the next time as someone passes you head on on a two lane road at a combined speed of over a 100 MPH. You put your life everyday in the hands of morons. Open the paper any day and you will find stories of people hurt or killed through the ignorance of others.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 AM

Wow, Mango, sorry to hear about your friend. Atleast he is still alive though. I would imagine driving a motorcycle and talking on a cell phone would be very challenging, to say the least.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon'Fishing View Post
Wow, Mango, sorry to hear about your friend. Atleast he is still alive though. I would imagine driving a motorcycle and talking on a cell phone would be very challenging, to say the least.
The biggest excuse people make is "I had".
I "had" to answer my cell phone.
I "Had" to speed or I would have been late.
I "Had" to hit my breaks or miss my turn.
None of these are "Hads", they are decisions and bad ones many times. You didn't have to answer your cell phone. You could have pulled your car over and listened to the message or see who called and call them back. If there is no message I would bet it was not very important in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida