Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 01:05 AM

923 posts, read 3,513,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I sold my place this week too.

It was on the market for 3 weeks before I got a contract. Everything went well, I sold it for a little more than I hoped to when I bought it, and it closed on schedule.

That's not to say that it wasn't an ordeal; I'm so relieved to be finished.
Good job on the sale...
Where to now, Ellie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 05:43 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Good job on the sale...
Where to now, Ellie?
Thanks. In my short experience with real estate I've noticed that it is almost always more difficult than one would expect to buy or sell property. Maybe difficult isn't the right word - it's a huge pain.

My Florida house had the unusual qualities of a relatively low price, large lot size, and close proximity to UF which helped to sell it. Sometimes it's good to be an urban pioneer.

Needless to say, I'll be shopping for a new place over the next few months. Got a good job in another state. Starting on Monday.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:50 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,410 times
I'm depressed...our house has been on the market for 2 months and only 2 people have seen it : ( It's priced below others in the area (but not for a ridiculously low price) and we advertise like crazy (all the major papers, online and in print) - NOTHING! We are having our 3rd open house this Sunday, maybe it will turn around. We got all excited today because someone was supposed to come by with their realtor. They did a drive by and didn't care for the neighborhood before the showing and blew off the appointment without even calling my realtor. I had to leave work 4 hours early to take the dogs and kids out of the house and the potential appt didn't even show. It's not like we can do anything about the neighborhood, we don't live in a bad part of the city, it's all generally the same. Sorry to vent, I'm just getting discouraged. We thought there was hope today! Does anyone know of free advertising? We are running out of ideas...Have a good night all!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:59 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
I'm depressed...our house has been on the market for 2 months and only 2 people have seen it : ( It's priced below others in the area (but not for a ridiculously low price) and we advertise like crazy (all the major papers, online and in print) - NOTHING! We are having our 3rd open house this Sunday, maybe it will turn around. We got all excited today because someone was supposed to come by with their realtor. They did a drive by and didn't care for the neighborhood before the showing and blew off the appointment without even calling my realtor. I had to leave work 4 hours early to take the dogs and kids out of the house and the potential appt didn't even show. It's not like we can do anything about the neighborhood, we don't live in a bad part of the city, it's all generally the same. Sorry to vent, I'm just getting discouraged. We thought there was hope today! Does anyone know of free advertising? We are running out of ideas...Have a good night all!

I know this won't help the pain,but it took me 11 months to sell my house in Clearwater. With so many houses for sale it is truly a buyers market. Hang in there and good luck...

Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,900 times
If you havent painted the house (outside) within 2 years, do it now. it will sell a lot faster. It's that whole "how it looks from the curb thing". You would be surprised....

Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 AM

200 posts, read 878,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Try Iggys House: Welcome for free advertising. I found it while browsing and it seems to be a great way to advertise your home for sale. You can even put your home for sale on the MLS for FREE with them. We are using it for our house. Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 AM

193 posts, read 489,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiemom View Post
I know exactly how you feel turtle we have been trying to sell our house since September last year! I am very depressed about it. We have never had to stay stuck somewhere because we can't sell. I HATE BEING STUCK! I am also a very impatient person. When I want to get out of a place I want to get out!
BUMMED OUT IN NORTH PORT
Whatever your house was worth in 2005 reduce it by 30% and that is what it is worth today. If you NEED to sell it then another 10% off of that will sell the house. However, North Port is home to LOTS of houses under 200K both relatively new and and 20 yrs old. Depending on what the tax reform is and how the referendum goes in January, North Port will see a substantial increase in sales and a modest increase in prices by the second quater 0f 2008.

If you NEED to sell then sell, if not, then wait to late 2008 to sell. Your house will sell quicker and for more than today.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 AM

242 posts, read 1,018,608 times
Have had a lot more activity over the last few weeks. Still no offers though. Anyone know when a decision on property taxes will be announced? Hoping that gets buyers going again.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,967,302 times
price your house what it was worth in 2002 or 2003 because that is its value, otherwise it will sit forever

Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,658 times
ddlove01

can you tell us a little about the area and home?
I've been on the market a little under 2 months and we get 2-3 showings a week. We are in the starter home price range so maybe it's more affordable?

We have a virtual tour and pics as well ...we are on realtor.com, our realtors site, craigs list and word of mouth are working well and our realtor runs adds as needed.

Have a brokers open!!! and June is a happy month for buyers =) I expect it to sell by the end of June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida