Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,074 times

Advertisements

We have decided to relocate to Port Orange from Seattle and are trying to decide between Port Orange Elementary and the new school - Cypress Elementary. The problem is that the new school hasn't opened yet and there is virtually no information available and, of course, no feedback from any parents.

Does anyone have any info on the new Cypress school? Teachers, principals, demographics? School neighborhood? Any parents that have their kids enrolled already in the new school?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,774 times
Go with the new Port Orange elementary school! It's very nice. It's in a very residential area of Port Orange, many great communities all around it. I'm sure the school will be great once it's opened, it's a good school system here (I live in Port Orange) and I can't see that changing. The other school is old and I don't care for the location. Plus if you live in a nicer newer neighborhood in Port Orange you will be further away from that school.

My daughter still has a couple of years before starting school. But given the choice I'd choose the new one anyday over that old brick shabby looking one where I don't care for the location.

I didn't know that they named the new school... where did you get the name? I see it every time I leave the house and they still have a sign on it that says "school V" or something like that with no actual name. Looks like it's about finished though and very nice and in a great location.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:22 AM

97 posts, read 395,845 times
Go with the new school. It is in good safe location. Are you sure you want to come to Florida? Really think it out first. Education better up north. Alot of crime and drugs.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:57 AM

279 posts, read 472,097 times
port orange is one of the safest cities in fla...look at the crime stats at city-data.com

Public education is not the school systems fault...it has to do with the student. I know someone who went to public schools and now has a harvard mba.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Plus Port Orange schools are A rated schools and every parent I've talked with around here love the school district here.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:08 PM

279 posts, read 472,097 times
i posted a few pics of port orange at

photos.yahoo.com/jda32127 see also portorangeimages.com

Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 AM

Follow up on the schools, one of the high schools made the list of the top 100 schools in the country:
In fact, one of the high schools made it as one of the top 100 in the country:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...ST02052207.htm (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: