Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
you could find something like that in miami

and by the way you explain everybody, you seem to be non-judgemental to the people that are like you.

liberals tend to call themselves "open minded" when in reality their minds are just as closed as the rednecks the criticize
All people prefer to be surrounded those that are like minded, that is pretty normal. The difference is the tolerance for those that don't think like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 07:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
All people prefer to be surrounded those that are like minded, that is pretty normal. The difference is the tolerance for those that don't think like you.
of course, i know what you are saying, but for a person to leave because the people are different than their beliefs doesn't exactly classify me as open minded. i dont think its fair to say they are more open minded than the people they are trying to get away from.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:52 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
go to fort lauderdale and check out the wave.......they are getting into no public drinking on beach and steering towards family enviorment.....
church stuff is everywhere....
you can't interview neighbours.....
you just gotta live your life.....
check out fort lauderdale........
hey what would you rather your smurfs around any way.......?
bikers ?...........
An experience with the tough sort will change your disposition to say........
OMG......as long as its good for my smurfs and .....SAFE........
Go Bowling to interview potential friends, and be done with it.......
Check out Fort Lauderdale

Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellerVR View Post
Hi!
We are 30+ family of three, European-born. Very liberal and non-judgemental to people.
At the moment we live in Panama City Beach Florida. And we hate it with all the passion! Rednecks, schools that look like barns, nothing around (museums, culture) except the beautiful beach, chain food supermarkets only, etc.-REDNECK RIVIERA: Guns, churches, Republicans to the bone, war likers, in-the-box thinkers.

What we would like to see:

1. Good schools
2. Low crime
3.Normal people, non-conservative non-judgemental community
4. Average house price about 250K +-20K
5. Preferably people that do have common sense
6. Supermarkets that cell real (natural) foods, less chemically influenced food products

WHICH town, location in FL fits our demands the most? PLEASE HELP US!

No NW or Central FL please.
Preferrably the states of New York, Michigan, or California are the first to jump off the page.......make sure you say goodbye before you leave.....

Old 04-11-2010, 07:54 AM

18 posts, read 38,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellerVR View Post
Hi!
We are 30+ family of three, European-born. Very liberal and non-judgemental to people.
At the moment we live in Panama City Beach Florida. And we hate it with all the passion! Rednecks, schools that look like barns, nothing around (museums, culture) except the beautiful beach, chain food supermarkets only, etc.-REDNECK RIVIERA: Guns, churches, Republicans to the bone, war likers, in-the-box thinkers.

What we would like to see:

1. Good schools
2. Low crime
3.Normal people, non-conservative non-judgemental community
4. Average house price about 250K +-20K
5. Preferably people that do have common sense
6. Supermarkets that cell real (natural) foods, less chemically influenced food products

WHICH town, location in FL fits our demands the most? PLEASE HELP US!

No NW or Central FL please.
What would you say if you considered yourself judgmental? Wow, so many judgmental thoughts for someone non-judgmental..
BTW you spelled judgmental wrong. I am not being judgmental about your spelling.
You only live about 60 miles from I-10 and it heads west to California a pure utopia for your liberal views.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Preferrably the states of New York, Michigan, or California are the first to jump off the page.......make sure you say goodbye before you leave.....
I hope they don't let the door hit them on the way out.....

Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Maybe try Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens in SE Florida.... or maybe the Southend West Palm Beach area for a more eclectic/diverse vibe.... also, I don't have personal experience, but people often recommend Sarasota area on the West Coast.

Palm Beach County is liberal.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Gosh, some of you are incredibly petty!

You all know what the OP is asking - whether there is some error in his/her reasoning of what it means to be "non-judgmental" is really irrelevant, now is it? As are spelling errors - imagine people whose native language is not English - oh, the horror. Ah, but where would be the fun without somebody feeling the need to cast the first stone...?

The OP is NOT interested in moving to NY, CA, or WA (which would probably be a much better fit) but simply in living a life where not believing in the same things many in FL believe in does not automatically make you a "lesser" being in desperate need of saving. I can understand that - I have little patience for "Christians" who use their beliefs to claim superiority over others. Practice what you preach...

Alas, I do think the Miami area is probably best suited - doesn't matter much what you do or don't believe, whether you go to church or not, or whether your car has a fish glued to the tail or not. Nobody has ever said anything about religion to me here.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Gosh, some of you are incredibly petty!

You all know what the OP is asking - whether there is some error in his/her reasoning of what it means to be "non-judgmental" is really irrelevant, now is it? As are spelling errors - imagine people whose native language is not English - oh, the horror. Ah, but where would be the fun without somebody feeling the need to cast the first stone...?

The OP is NOT interested in moving to NY, CA, or WA (which would probably be a much better fit) but simply in living a life where not believing in the same things many in FL believe in does not automatically make you a "lesser" being in desperate need of saving. I can understand that - I have little patience for "Christians" who use their beliefs to claim superiority over others. Practice what you preach...

Alas, I do think the Miami area is probably best suited - doesn't matter much what you do or don't believe, whether you go to church or not, or whether your car has a fish glued to the tail or not. Nobody has ever said anything about religion to me here.
Frankly speaking I think the OP is incredibly petty. Rednecks really, name calling at it's liberal best. We know liberals like to marginalize and they do it so well.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:50 PM

For all who are offended by people calling others to task for calling others rednecks, how about a little less descriptive op in the future.
I don't think it is o.k. to label people. The person seeking a new place to live owes all of NW Florida an apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida