Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
You do realize Blue Moon is made in Golden Colorado by the same company as Coors, don't you. It actually isn't a micro-brew. They just say it is in the advertising because they think people wouldn't buy it if they knew it was made by a big corporation .
Didn't say it was a micro brew, I only mentioned it because someone asked earlier if they had it in stores here.

I tried it once and thought it sucked.

Edit: I also thought microbrews were distinguished by the amount of barrels produced per year not the size of the company that brews it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 PM

75 posts, read 248,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Didn't say it was a micro brew, I only mentioned it because someone asked earlier if they had it in stores here.

I tried it once and thought it sucked.

Edit: I also thought microbrews were distinguished by the amount of barrels produced per year not the size of the company that brews it.
I asked if it was available at stores in Daytona. Thanks for the info. But come on Mike, Blue Moon is awesome. You kind of have to acquire a taste for it. I also like Shock Top which is Anheurser Busch's version of Blue Moon. I found it on tap at a bar in Clearwater Beach last year while on vacation, but I think it might be hard to find at the store. It's kind of hard to find here in Chicago.
So how about it, can you get Schock Top at Publix or Winn Dixie?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
I asked if it was available at stores in Daytona. Thanks for the info. But come on Mike, Blue Moon is awesome. You kind of have to acquire a taste for it. I also like Shock Top which is Anheurser Busch's version of Blue Moon. I found it on tap at a bar in Clearwater Beach last year while on vacation, but I think it might be hard to find at the store. It's kind of hard to find here in Chicago.
Never heard of Shock Top and I thought Blue Moon had way too much of a citrus taste to it.
I like Killians Red or Peroni Red, I acquired a taste for beer over 30 years ago and don't need to acquire a new taste now but that is just my personal preference.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:57 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
The Publix by me carries both Shock Top and Blue Moon as well as whatever Sam's seasonal is at the moment.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Does Florida have the same problem that I found in Arizona? Went to one brewery in Arizona and the brewer said that everytime he makes a good strong flavorful beer nobody buys it and he ends up throwing a lot of the batch away.

I'm sure if you look long and hard you can find decent beer, but I am used to every bar having at least Sam Adams or Fat Tire on tap out in the west.
That must have been here in Prescott (the Prescott Brewing Company). Is that where that happened?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
I don't like beer much and I really don't drink alcohol anymore. But was wondering, does Florida have O'Doul's there or some other kind of non-alcohol beer?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I don't like beer much and I really don't drink alcohol anymore. But was wondering, does Florida have O'Doul's there or some other kind of non-alcohol beer?
There are several NA beers for sale at Publix and local restaurants.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
You can get Shocktop and Blue Moon at Publix in my neighborhood.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:42 PM

310 posts, read 868,961 times
Jacksonville is attracting more and more craft breweries it seems. Our local favorite is Bold City Brewers but they are located in a hole-in-the-wall dump (literally), but the taste is amazing. A few local restaurants carry their most popular brews on tap and there are plans to make it available in Tampa soon (and possibly a few other FL cities). Not long ago I read that another craft brewer will be opening up across the street from them this summer, but I don't recall anymore details than that. There are some folks over at metrojacksonville.com who follow the craft brewers, you may find more info over there.

I wish Jax would host a craft beer festival--we should have enough vendors by now to have a decent affair.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:16 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Because of this thread, I had a look at the party store next to our favorite Thai restaurant last night. They claim to have 500 different beers, and looked to be a mix of craft brews and imports. I know it's one of the few places my sister can find her favorite Costa Rican beer.

Wine World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida