Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times

Advertisements

I don't like extreme heat but I feel less trapped by the heat, living here, than I did by the cold up north. I'll take the heat along with shorts, a tee and flipflops before I'd go back to the cold and boots, socks, jeans, sweaters, gloves, scarves, jackets, hats... you get the picture, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 01:14 PM

371 posts, read 1,191,216 times
I'm feeling trapped by the heat and I'm not even in Florida yet! In the mid to high 90's over the weekend with high humidity here in Coastal Va. Today is only mid 80's but 60% humidity. I know I won't be escaping the heat or humidity when we move to Fl, but at least there will be palm trees and white sand to make it more bearable to be in the heat. Going to the beach here is yucky.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:06 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
I can't wait until it's December and it's nice enough to do things outside again.
gotta live with it - can't stay cooped up in the house all day

Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Considering I haven't had either the AC or Heater on for a few months, it's okay!! Originally from Texas so usually it's either AC or heater or both in the same day (yep, Texas weather is crazy!) But, yeah it still sucks, I can't believe some of the morons here with their windows rolled down though, (usually the ones with no hubcaps LOLOLOLOl!)

Old 05-04-2010, 04:36 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Feeling more trapped as the week goes on.... I see we have another thread with the 4-5 other heat lovers going.... All the power to them. I hate it.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:38 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I hear ya, it's humid out side, and its only May. The rain has to start in the next two weeks most likely, as the clouds and humidity are almost right for the rain to start.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
My air conditioner hasn't been on at all yet. I turn the whole house fan on, open all the windows, turn on all the celling fans.

Perfect temps. Today was a bit humid from all of the rain, but I dealt with it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM

717 posts, read 2,808,931 times
Snicker, Snicker--seems like a few folks woke up on the wrong side of the bed ORRRRRRR....the heat must have already gotten to a few who went on a rant about "not whining" about the heat....LOL

Lilybeans--I'm with you...tho I prefer temps in the 60's, 70's and low 80's-but with lower humidity. I did make it past May 1 without complaining--but by May 2nd I knew hell had reared it's ugly face again. May 3rd was TOTALLY miserable here in Orlando.

I do not sweat easily--Like doggiebus, I overheat and turn red as a firetruck. It doesn't take long to happen either. I also get splitting headaches in the heat & humidity here. I don't have to be doing anything for this to happpen. Just being outside is all it takes. Like mentioned above--it's hard to try and get decent exercise during the day so I find that I have to do my walking at night when it's cooler. Sometimes the humidity in the evening is so high it's still quite uncomfortable, but that's just the way it is here--doesn't mean I have to like it. I simply accept that its the way it is until I find "that close to perfect place" for me, get the last 2 kids thru high school and move on.

Trapped???? Yea...I can soooooooo relate. I can keep my home at a comfortable temp, but unfortunately, I have little to no control over public buildings. Once the heat & humidity set in most stores, offices, public places, etc. turn the air so cold that I have to carry a jacket with me always--or I freeze inside the place.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:32 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
My newest thing besides my skin breaking out around my neck from sweating to death is, now I am having a sinus congestion thing from being outside, I thought humidity is supposed to be good for the sinuses? Not for me, since last Thursday... clogged up... It just gets better!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:13 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
YES ! my wife wants to go out today....leave the house. I don't. It's so much more comfortable in here with the A/C on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida