Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 04:44 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times

Advertisements

Ive actually cut back.......way back.....on fast food. Now, if I wasnt a greasy cheeseburger theres always Dennys or Burger Boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 05:18 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I do love Zaxby's which is here in the south, love their chicken tenders and Zax sauce.

No Whataburger lovers here? They have built new restaurants in my area and they are super clean, burgers are good too.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
It's all bad to me...but then again I'm a vegetarian. My 12 year old has never even had a burger or anything like it in her life. Now, a gourmet milkshake, now you're talking!
Well, then, you might really like Nick-N-Willy's Pizza. They have all types of their "signature" pizzas, several of which are vegetarian. The locations closest to me serve personal pizzas hot out of the oven, and they are excellent, and fast, too. This qualifies them as fast food in my mind. If the quality is the same at all their locations, then they certainly deserve to be mentioned in this thread.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
L&L HAWAIIN BBQ is my favorite fast food !

L&L Hawaiian Barbecue · L&L Drive-Inn (http://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/menu.html - broken link)

Old 05-07-2008, 01:21 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Does anybody here really eat at Long John Silvers? I occasionally see those places and wonder how they are still in business! I do not know a single soul that eats there! Just curious.....tell me how it is!

Old 05-07-2008, 02:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Does anybody here really eat at Long John Silvers? I occasionally see those places and wonder how they are still in business! I do not know a single soul that eats there! Just curious.....tell me how it is!
Yes they are still in business, and yes, we occasionally eat there. The batter is really thick (not too hot about it), and the seafood is a bit overcooked, but the cheese curds are what we go for!

Old 05-07-2008, 04:46 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
They have Culvers in Texas? Wow -- their empire is growing far and wide.

While I'm glad for their success, it's one of those secrets I wish we up-north folks could keep for ourselves.
Yes, they sure do. Get Culverized: Experience fresh, delicious food served with a great big side of friendly smiles and warm hospitality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I used to like their "Bonus Jack." They took it off the menu at least 20 years ago, from what I remember of it.

I have totally forgotten about the Bonus Jack. What kind of sandwich was that? Help me out here.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:56 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
We don't have very many of those in my area, but we do have Captain D's. One word to describe it...greasy.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:43 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
Quote:
mostly senior citizens eat at LONG JOHN SILVERS, must have cravings for fried foods?

lots of seniors like KFC & Long John Silvers

Old 05-07-2008, 08:03 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,885 times
I love Wendy's, but hate Mcdonald's. I stop going to KFC when my friend got food poisoning twice there. I like Toco Bell, or some mexican restaurant. For burgers, I would go with Wendys. In other fast food, it is like "Where's the beef?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink