Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,844,982 times

Advertisements

My son won't eat chicken "cleanly." He leaves meat on any piece he eats. It drives me crazy. I tell him he can't have another piece of chicken 'til he finishes that one. He does it .. but it's like I'm poking him with a hot rod of fire. Me? I chew the gristle off the bones. Any bones. Pork, chicken, beef, don't matter. It looks like a cat ate it when I am done.

I've always hated people smacking gum. It just drives me crazy. My wife hates the way I eat spaghetti. I eat it like ramen noodles. SLOORRRP. She hates the way I work my way around the plate. I eat the thing I dislike the most first. This means I eat all my beans, then all my potatoes and then all my meat. I like to finish with meat. She tells me she's never seen anything like that. I should eat a little of everything and enjoy it all together. I can't change this about myself. I've tried. It's like .. I'm mixing those ... green beans with this awesome steak and I love you steak! and beans, you're neccessary, but, Dear Lord this steak is so much more awesome, I gotta save you for last.

My mom puts her coffee cup in a saucer. Then she pours the coffee into the saucer, blows it to cool it, and then drinks from the saucer like a cat drinking milk. My family also shares coffee spoons. I know, we're family....but I can't handle sharing spoons any more. Seems weird. I just keep thinking about sharing mouth germs.

Never liked it when people salt their food before tasting it. Although, to be honest, If I'm eating spaghetti, I pepper the crap out of it before tasting it. I just love pepper. (we're talking 2 -3 teaspoons here people, I open that pepper shaker can to the POUR opening.) I bet that drives some people nuts. I also eat runny ice cream. Can't handle it it it's frozen. That has weirded out more than one person. "You gonna eat your ice cream?" "Yeah, when it melts." "LOL WTF LOL"

My son hates tomatoes. I've watched my wife make him eat them. "Finish your salad." He eats them like he's taking medicine or a shot of Jaegar. I've never seen such painful eating faces. Actually he eats most of the like that. Chews and takes a shot of water to wash it down. My mom would've slapped me down for those table manners. 'specially about the chicken. When I grew up, we didn't waste food. That was like sleeping with the Devil. Food that wasn't eaten, was tomorrow's lunch or dinner.

I can't tell you how many chicken pieces I got a chunk of meat off that my son was "finished" with.
Weird thing about us is.. he eats the thing he loves the most first and saves the thing he hates the worst for the last bites. I'm still scratching my head over that one. It's not like I let him eat 3 chicken thighs and nothing else. If you get a biscuit, gravy, a small salad and some chicken, it doesn't mean you get to eat just chicken.

Oh well, sorry, this probably sounds like I'm venting. Maybe I should take some lessons from my mom.

Last edited by 70Ford; 11-06-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM

878 posts, read 2,739,671 times
I have a couple...

Do not like when people add ketchup to something I have cooked.

Hate to see lipstick marks on a cup or glass, know it can't be helped but it irks me.

I am sure I will have more...

Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM

20,951 posts, read 28,468,006 times
My husband eats his least favorite item on his plate first and saves the best part for last. If I make hime eggs with cheese and buttered toast the toast gets eaten first then the eggs. My husband also eats sandwiches funny. He eats around the sandwich leaving it round and leaving the middle which he said is the best part. My husband eats anything on the bone picked so clean you thought a racoon ate it LOL. If I have a bagle or toast I have to dunk it coffee. My husband loves chex snack mix and he eats all the other stuff in the mix and saves the chex for last because that's his favorite part. I also like my ice cream melty not completely melted but almost. I like to mix peas, corn or red cabbge into my mashed potatoes, and other people get upset if peas are touching other foods on their plate. It all comes out the same so why not mix the two together???

Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,111,302 times
Oh my gosh I cannot stand brussell sprouts , turnips , rutabega , those things taste nasty and I refuse to eat them . I dont serve things my husband does not like that way we avoid a fuss at the dinner table and im not going to change him at this stage in the game called life . His mother allowed him to be picky and it has lasted him eversince childhood . So if you all have a better half that is a picky food eater i totally feel for you . I on the other hand am not picky except for when it come to bs , turnips , rutabega . that is the only food i will not touch .

Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,893,779 times
We have a friend who puts tabasco on EVERYTHING! I once made him an omelette stuffed with crab, asparagus, and hollandaise sauce. It was DELICIOUS! he dumped tabasco on it. On HOLLANDAISE SAUCE!!!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,257,710 times
The lipsmacking and chewing with mouths open....is a serious offense at our family dinner table,,,you could lick your plate clean, eat from some elses plate, feed the dog from the table,,,that might be tolerated,,,but start lipsmacking,,,,and you will be excused...

Old 11-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,844,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
My husband eats his least favorite item on his plate first and saves the best part for last. If I make hime eggs with cheese and buttered toast the toast gets eaten first then the eggs. My husband also eats sandwiches funny. He eats around the sandwich leaving it round and leaving the middle which he said is the best part. My husband eats anything on the bone picked so clean you thought a racoon ate it LOL. If I have a bagle or toast I have to dunk it coffee. My husband loves chex snack mix and he eats all the other stuff in the mix and saves the chex for last because that's his favorite part. I also like my ice cream melty not completely melted but almost. I like to mix peas, corn or red cabbge into my mashed potatoes, and other people get upset if peas are touching other foods on their plate. It all comes out the same so why not mix the two together???
I am your husband's lost twin. Seriously. I do all of that, to.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,865,618 times
I can't stand poor table manners. No smacking, slurping, speaking with food in mouth, elbows on the table, etc. Our mother stressed proper table manners and I appreciate it very much.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,064,362 times
I'm one of those people whose last bite has to be of my favorite food on the plate. I don't save it all for the end, but the last bite for sure has to be the best stuff.

As for people eating with their mouths open? I'll cut them where they stand! (or sit, rather) That makes me CRAZY! Same goes for lip smacking and teeth sucking. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM

61,858 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
The lipsmacking and chewing with mouths open....is a serious offense at our family dinner table,,,you could lick your plate clean, eat from some elses plate, feed the dog from the table,,,that might be tolerated,,,but start lipsmacking,,,,and you will be excused...
Eating manners are important. You cannot have two sets: a proper for outside and when in company, and sloppy at home with your family. lol
I don't cook for myself things I don't care for, I will not order them at the restaurant, but when invited to someone's house or to restaurant for an event - I will eat what is there, if I don't have a choice. Like or not. I will not get poisoned because of that ( allergy is an exception ).
I hate food waste, or any waste in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink