Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times

Advertisements

I don't think acting like a glutton on a date is very attractive.

I don't like the feeling of being too full. Maybe you're eating too fast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
You've not said how large your aunt was, but, if she lived to be 40, ate and drank as you describe, she was obese, probably morbidly obese. That is your future if you don't change. You are in charge of your future. Good luck with it. It won't be easy.
She was an inch shorter than me and probably weighted about 160 Ibs. She lived till 72/73; just died recently.

Nope, I don't wanna become fat. Hence why this morning, I just ate sardine with crackers instead of loaves of bread and a cup of tea.

Though, I admit it's hard to shrink my stomach back to the way it was before this started.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't think acting like a glutton on a date is very attractive.
I know. I'm trying not to do. One thing I do in family reunions or special ocassions is clean myself if I noticed a bit of sauce dripping on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't like the feeling of being too full. Maybe you're eating too fast?
Yes, in general I don't really take my time. The fatest I've finished a plate was in a bit less than 10 minutes; depening on the amount and what's there. If there are chicken wings, I'll take a bit of time till I leave nothing but bones. It's hard to enjoy chicken wings with just using a fork and knife to cut it since there is still gonna be meat left over.

I recalled seeing my ex bf's surprised look on his face when I was done with my plate too fast. He said something like ''Wow, you're like a train I'm not even halfway through my food yet''.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM

I admit, many times I keep forgetting people; esp men can be watching me and I just stay too focused on my food and finishing it.

For instance, on my last b-day or so I was going to a Chinese restaurant with my family and was enjoying my large plate and soup. So far nothing. However, when I was almost done eating my grandmother silently says ''There were two men watching you, didn't wanna say it but don't think they like the way you were eating, try to slow down, no one's gonna take away your food''.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Laychick, a mature person learns to do things in moderation, and to take care of their body. I think this is what your mother is trying to get through to you. You are being childish by by not being moderate in what you eat. Gluttony is not an attractive attribute to other people, so I think it could be a reason why a date would not be attracted to you.
In the same way that a 3 yr old might only want to eat candy, you cannot just eat everything you see all at once and blame genetics. You have control.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I know. I'm trying not to do. One thing I do in family reunions or special ocassions is clean myself if I noticed a bit of sauce dripping on me.
I'm starting to think she's yanking our crank. Is this person for real???
"clean myself"??? I'm picturing a cat licking her paws. And how many family reunions have you been to that it is so common you think that's on par with a special occasion???
At least you're pausing long enough between shovelfuls to notice you've slopped on yourself.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM

61,720 posts, read 87,123,005 times
^^^ yes, this was a strange statement that made me wonder if English isn't OP second language...

Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
I'm starting to think she's yanking our crank. Is this person for real???
"clean myself"??? I'm picturing a cat licking her paws. And how many family reunions have you been to that it is so common you think that's on par with a special occasion???
At least you're pausing long enough between shovelfuls to notice you've slopped on yourself.
Yes, it means I use napkins to either wiped off that sauce (if there is any that is) or clean my hands if I'd eaten chicken wings.

No joke... I'm trying to stop thinking about food when I get hungry.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Laychick, a mature person learns to do things in moderation, and to take care of their body.
True. That explains why my mother on reunions always says no thanks if asked ''Would you want another portion'' or if there are chickens, she goes for a small-median sized one. According to her, that's how a lady is suppose to act. Then again, she doesn't eat that much.

Unlike me, if asked ''Would you want more'', I said yes please (afterall it's a yes/no question and I don't want to end up eating more later on) or simply go for the biggest chicken or steak.

This seems to be the only single area I admit lacking some self-control. But I'm going to try to take control of this.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ yes, this was a strange statement that made me wonder if English isn't OP second language...
It is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink