Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 10:59 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

With mine.....it wouldnt have mattered.....he would pretend he didnt hear me. lol

Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM

I have my pork roast marinating in a marinade I made out of some left over sangria, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and oil. How can that be anything but good?

When I got up this snowy morning...I made a beef stew for our lunch.....it was wonderful! My DP commented on how good it was......I used a dry onion soup mix plus water and then a can of crm of mushroom soup with garlic.....browned the angus stew meat and added onion, potato, carrot, a few chunks of squash, frozen peas, and a new ingredient I just discovered adn love....."herbs salee" (french canadian salted herbs : scallions, parsley, leeks)

Old 12-01-2008, 11:02 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Mr S would shrug.... laugh it off.... and tell me to buy a new one.... he is so laid back..... but really, what am I going to do about it now? I am not going to crawl around the floor searching for it that is for darn sure.... LOL.... and there is no sense declaring he search for it.... he is so tired as it is from the work he did while I was sick in bed..... just bite my tongue and buy a new one.... a nice clean bright shiney new one.... LOL

Old 12-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have my pork roast marinating in a marinade I made out of some left over sangria, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and oil. How can that be anything but good?
sounds so good I think I am going right to the tenderloins in Wegmans that are pre-merinated and cookin' one up for dinner! Thanks Elston

Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
sounds so good I think I am going right to the tenderloins in Wegmans that are pre-merinated and cookin' one up for dinner! Thanks Elston
so glad to help!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
SkBS.........sounds like you have a nice floor. Probably was worth all the work:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
My celebration/Christmas roast dinner version may differ to others' from the UK, but I make roast rib of beef, yorkshire puds, roast potatoes and roast parsnips, brussels sprouts (sometimes with bacon), sweet potato and carrot mash, creamy leeks, spiced red cabbage, and steamed broccoli. Plus a red wine gravy .

Iverkill!

.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/12/01/turkey_dinner460.jpg[/url]
Do you live in England Southdown? The roast sounds exceptional. Reading what you all are having and had makes me drool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
With mine.....it wouldnt have mattered.....he would pretend he didnt hear me. lol
I know what you mean elston. My turns a deaf ear when he wants to too. LOL

Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
After a little clear thinking I am still so confused about dinner. Maybe a nap will help. Food just doesn't seem to be on my mind like it normally is. I'll figure something out with the Mrs as the day moves on.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
skbs - feel better! I am waiting on the next installment of the saga of the Diva! Love it!

Elston - Now that sounds simply wonderful!

Those are the cutest puppies! Sigh, makes me miss my maltese so bad!

Dinner tonight will be more chicken and dumpling soup. Maybe a salad to go with!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM

Oh there were Diva Installments this weekend.... they were on the cute side though.... she has been such an angel this week..... She saw her father get frustrated with the floor at one point and he was P.O.'d.... instead of ranting and going on he just kind of layed down on the floor to gather some energy and she saw his frustration and got on he back and started to give him a shoulder rub and said very matter of factly.... DADDY YOU JUST NEED TO PERSEVERE...... He sat up and started to laugh so hard..... Out of the mouth of a six year old.... Persevere..... There is your Diva-sode on a light note today.....that is how she has been this weekend.......but by tonight there might be another one with more of a 'tude to it.........LOL She is back to school today so there are no rules.....

Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
After a little clear thinking I am still so confused about dinner. Maybe a nap will help. Food just doesn't seem to be on my mind like it normally is. I'll figure something out with the Mrs as the day moves on.
Hope your son has some good news this week . Mine just called to say he feels terrible and tired, and needs an early dinner and an early night! Not often you hear that from a 12 yr old! He wants comfort food, so I will make him some real home-made macaroni cheese with lots of magical broccoli
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink