Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
bistec ranchero con ensalada
Ok Bunky--translate this for us! I have seen it on menues at Mexican restaurants but really don't know what it is or how to make it. Please share with us.......

Old 02-27-2008, 10:29 AM

119 posts, read 552,257 times
Default So sorry...

Make it 'take out' tonight... How unbelievably tragic. My heart broke hearing that...

We're having chicken salad... tired of same old same old... still trying to find out what the recipe was for meatballs and cream sauce. Could it be something like smaller meatballs with a cream-sherry sauce??? mmmm. Perhaps I will be making that tomorrow night with a mix of mostly turkey, some lean pork and beef. Or maybe some shallots, butter, sherry and heavy cream cooked down??? OMG. it's time to get dinner ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
Thanks for all the thoughts - my daughter called and asked me if she could go home with her friend.....at first I thought she'd do better staying at school with the grief counselors and teachers etc......then she told me it was making it harder to see everyone crying - so I let her go. I'll probably leave about an hour early or so just so I can get some alone time with her before DH brings DS (aka the monster) home so we can talk about it. I just read the article on the news - they said they still can't get in to find his body because the house is still smoldering to heavily. So sad.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ok Bunky--translate this for us! I have seen it on menues at Mexican restaurants but really don't know what it is or how to make it. Please share with us.......
Ranchero steak (assuming it is a sauce or spice mixture) with salad

We are eating healthy tonight.....salad and yogurt smoothies (but tomorrow, we feast!!)

Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Tonight I'm making Chicken thighs and legs..not quite sure how I'll prepare them yet. Still thinking it over. But of course we will have mashed potatoes and broccoli--love broccoli! Fudgy brownies for desert.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:34 AM

321 posts, read 920,772 times
How awful for your daughter nic529 - your all in my thoughts

I'm going with good old tuna casserole tonight. And drooling over the meals most of you make all week! How do you do it?? Are you all stay at home Moms? I just have zero energy when I get home from work - easy dinner as possible is what I can handle.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktully View Post

I'm going with good old tuna casserole tonight. And drooling over the meals most of you make all week! How do you do it?? Are you all stay at home Moms? I just have zero energy when I get home from work - easy dinner as possible is what I can handle.
Yep stay at home mom here. I couldn't cook like I do now either when I worked. I lived off the crock pot and prepackaged meals from the grocery store the whole time I was working.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:

I love to make things on the weekend that need a lot of cooking but freeze beautifully. Tonight we are having my spaghetti meat sauce, which simmered all day two Sundays ago. Italian sausage, ground beef, loads of mushrooms. I'll just simmer it a little more to get the house smelling good, boil some water for spaghetti, and eat!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I love to make things on the weekend that need a lot of cooking but freeze beautifully. Tonight we are having my spaghetti meat sauce, which simmered all day two Sundays ago. Italian sausage, ground beef, loads of mushrooms. I'll just simmer it a little more to get the house smelling good, boil some water for spaghetti, and eat!

I just don't enjoy cooking enough to spend a whole day doing it. I only want to do it in small doses

Old 02-27-2008, 12:56 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
I just don't enjoy cooking enough to spend a whole day doing it. I only want to do it in small doses
Well most of that is unattended time...just give it a stir now and then. This is something I LOVE to make during football season. Get it started right before kick-off, then it's ready for an early dinner!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Quote:

I've been unemployed for the last 4 months, back to reality tomorrow! I get home early enough to cook, but get really creative on the weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink