Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times

Advertisements

Ended up up eating at Burger King. Tomorrow after PT and grocery shopping, I'm going to try a recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream. I'm looking forward to it!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Guys I am not caught up in my other threads but I just read my reps from some of you. I must admit I almost was in purple puddles!

This thread is the best and most caring, sharing and generous giving thread I have ever been in on CD! You all make newbies feel so welcome yet long timers never feel threatened. Questions are answered by more than one person giving us all new things to think about or try. When one is sick this thread sends well wishes and/or prayers. When one is down you lift up. When one shares joys we all celebrate! I would be remiss if I didn't say when a few of us are on here later at night it can be a family wakening roaring good laughter time!

Thank each one of you for making this an awesome, awesome warm thread! My only regret after being on CD for over a year and half that I didn't come into this thread when it first started to post too. In another thread about the forum when somebody posted how corny the sayings were under our rep bars I disagreed. I said I thought it was nice to have a positive comment said about us and it might be the only love a person living alone would get in a day. The love in each one of your posts is felt in this Hoosier home believe that! So kind of you all to worry about our safety on icy roads today I just know when I get a boo boo it will heal faster if I tell ya all and you all gloat over it.

God bless each of you and I L-O-V-E this thread by golly!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Ended up up eating at Burger King. Tomorrow after PT and grocery shopping, I'm going to try a recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream. I'm looking forward to it!
I make Irish Cream every year. I keep some for us and give some away as gifts. I make multiple batches of this recipe:

Homemade Irish Cream

1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. 2% milk
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
3/4 c. whiskey
1 tsp instant coffee granules
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Combine. Wisk til well blended. Refrigerate at least overnight to blend flavors. (Keeps for several weeks.) Shake & serve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Guys I am not caught up in my other threads but I just read my reps from some of you. I must admit I almost was in purple puddles!

This thread is the best and most caring, sharing and generous giving thread I have ever been in on CD! You all make newbies feel so welcome yet long timers never feel threatened. Questions are answered by more than one person giving us all new things to think about or try. When one is sick this thread sends well wishes and/or prayers. When one is down you lift up. When one shares joys we all celebrate! I would be remiss if I didn't say when a few of us are on here later at night it can be a family wakening roaring good laughter time!

Thank each one of you for making this an awesome, awesome warm thread! My only regret after being on CD for over a year and half that I didn't come into this thread when it first started to post too. In another thread about the forum when somebody posted how corny the sayings were under our rep bars I disagreed. I said I thought it was nice to have a positive comment said about us and it might be the only love a person living alone would get in a day. The love in each one of your posts is felt in this Hoosier home believe that! So kind of you all to worry about our safety on icy roads today I just know when I get a boo boo it will heal faster if I tell ya all and you all gloat over it.

What a beautiful post!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM

21 posts, read 61,811 times
I have salads, soup and noodles on today's dinner menu.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:27 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Guys I am not caught up in my other threads but I just read my reps from some of you. I must admit I almost was in purple puddles! .....

This thread is the best and most caring, sharing and generous giving thread I have ever been in on CD!

Awwwww - the nicest post - ever!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Just had to peek in to see who the other night owls where. OK the truth. Was looking for chocolate.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centerd65 View Post
I have salads, soup and noodles on today's dinner menu.
What filling things to have on your menu! Welcome!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Just had to peek in to see who the other night owls where. OK the truth. Was looking for chocolate.
We can always count on you to keep it honest Nomad.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
steak burger red onions & yams.
salad
jello

Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning all and Jaxson so happy you found us and became part of the "family of foodies". Being with this group feels warm and fuzzy everyday. And we owe all this to our Cyn!

No snow-it was predicted but we have plenty, thanks. It's 10 below w/wind chill of 21 below.

Elston-everyone gave great advice on the tomatoes-there is a difference. The only ones I can get here are Rao's pricey but worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink