Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Even the Publix store brand might be better..

Oyyyyy, you got a mean streak Nomad.

But you're right. hahahahahahahaha............

I don't know what's for dinner tonight. I bought a big bowl of chicken soup at Costco yesterday and just tried some of that for lunch. There's gotta be a whole chicken in that pot.

Dinner might just be on the fly..........sandwich or something.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM

616 posts, read 1,162,528 times
Roasting a roast or perhaps my, "Old Faithful" chicken. Which is a blend of herbs and worcestershire sauce over chicken and sliced potatoes. Maybe some field peas on the side.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,106 times
I'm making Nacho's w/the works...first time. Anybody ever make it?

Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Welcome and thanks for sharing. I've never made it myself but sure have enjoyed eating it!!

Old 01-03-2009, 12:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Just load them up. You could warm the nachos first. Add ground beef cooked with taco seasoning, refried beans, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, jalepenos, cheddar or monterey jack, salsa, sour cream, guacamole. Enjoy!!!!!!

NJ-north or south????

Old 01-03-2009, 12:20 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Boy, am I cold! But the trip to the market was worth it and we stopped for lunch to warm up after.... for under $20 I got 2 eggplant, 3 red pepper, two packs of strawberries, a pound of buffalo chicken sausage, a TON of carrots, cherry tomatoes, 3 zucchini, four beef steak tomatoes, two pounds of lettuce mix- all different kinds...... asian pears.... and I am forgetting a couple of things.... ALL FRESH!!!!! I love the farmers market.....

thanks to kelsi I am all set for my chocolate martinis tonight as well.... so, that will be a fun time! Don't know if it is in competition with any tom and jerry.... but we can try.... LOL.....

Have a great rest of the day everyone.....

Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,795,107 times
I'm trying out an electric pressure cooker today, so wish me luck....

There's a giant ham bone in the pot with the beans, and the onions, garlic, and ham are diced up and ready to go in the soup pot as soon as the pressure cooker cools down.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL LOL Did you say you fell off your rocker?

MWBW CD is being stingy.... they are say I can't rep ya anymore......darn it.... that surely deserves one.... hopefully someone will help me out......
Got ya covered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh Jaxson, I laughed so hard at your post saying how you now think about others on this thread in certain situations. It is so funny because I'm always remarking to DH that so-n-so said this or does this or maybe we see some place like a restaurant or grocery store and I say so-n-so goes here. Many times he has no idea who I'm talking about and gives me some very odd looks. Then I explain to him they are from my thread and he laughs. It's like everyone here has become a part of my life. It's so amazing that one simple question has generated so many good friends with wonderful ideas and conversations.
Day 15--no smoking. I think it's getting easier now. I'll be honest...I have not even given myself the option of failure. Thanks for all the wonderful support here as it makes it so much easier to enjoy life even through these withdrawals.
First, i am so proud of you with your no smoking!!! WTG! I got the night mares just from the withdrawal and no patches or anything and they were awful - plus the cold sweats!

I too quote y'all to my parents and my DH! We are all praying for the ones who need it (duh, we all need it but you know what I mean!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I'm with Jaxson on this question..I too have been reading here where so many use this Goya Mojo in their dishes. I googled it and it seems there are several different flavors. So which ones are you using and are they all hot? DH won't eat it if it's to hot and spicy.
I buy the citrus one of the MoJO. Actually, it has been the only one my supermarkets have carried and that I have seen, so I lucked up since I don't do really spicy either. I have marinated at least overnight, but I always have a huge gallon bag size of chicken wings/drummettes, so I pour in the entire bottle and add some vinegar also. It really does permeate the meat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tell him you replaced his Mojo with mojo!
Too Funny!!!! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I'm trying out an electric pressure cooker today, so wish me luck....

There's a giant ham bone in the pot with the beans, and the onions, garlic, and ham are diced up and ready to go in the soup pot as soon as the pressure cooker cools down.
Please let me know about this! I am going to buy one, my mother always uses one for her roasts and got me hooked on it! I did not know there was an electric version! Keep us posted?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,795,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Please let me know about this! I am going to buy one, my mother always uses one for her roasts and got me hooked on it! I did not know there was an electric version! Keep us posted?
The pressure cooker worked great, and the soup is delicious. I plugged it in and set it for 25 minutes, and once it got up to pressure it started counting down. Once it finished, I let it cool down for another 20, and then let the steam out. Dry beans were done and perfect in less than an hour.

It was a little weird cooking with the electric one though....It didn't make any noise.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:46 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
It was a little weird cooking with the electric one though....It didn't make any noise.
LOL! I know what sound you mean! The ch ch ch ch ch ch sound, with the little valve on top! I know that is how they let off steam, wonder how the electric ones do? Thanks for letting us know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink