Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Lacey- I am hoping for the best for you and Mr. L today. Hopefully all goes well and you can bring him home.

skbs- Oh your poor baby. I hope the medicine helps her.

MBW- Your dinner sounds great. What kind of lamb did you buy. I have never bought lamb so I am clueless.

cyn- Have fun at your hair appointment. Doing anything wild, lol?

Hot dogs for my DH tonight and Chicken with onions and peppers for me with extra veggies.
Ha Lisa--maybe get it shaved!! I have never in my life had the electricity in my hair that I get here. It stands straight out. Looks like I need a broom and I'd be on my happy way! Seriously though, it is getting really bad and I am just hoping that come summer the humidity will help me out here! Even the girl that does my hair is having trouble helping me. My hair is baby fine and I look like I stuck my finger in a light socket!!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
EM good luck with your WW.

vpcats I have a hiatal hernia don't know why they just didn't fix it instead of being on meds for life.

cyn do you use cream rinse? Might try the leave in kind to see if that will help.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Hey all we are home and I feel like a full day has passed already.

MWBW-sounds like a wonderful evening ahead.

Cyn be safe on the roads.

Jax and VP-I also have hiatal hernia and before I lost weight I was in torture also had an endoscope and he stretched my esphogaus and knock on wood sofar so good. Have been on Prontonix, Acifex, Prilosec and soon to come Nexium.

Oops dinner-linguine w/white clam sauce.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Cyn,

When I made lamb kebabs I got a boneless half leg of lamb and cubed it up and marinated in olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, lemon, salt and pepper.

OMG I am so ready for grilling season!!!!

I just love the word marination.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, all. Add another GERD sufferer here. Nexium works best for me, but I have to fight for it w/the insurance co. every time I get a refill, so I now take the generic version of Prilosec.

VP, we did the same thing and spent ridiculous amounts of $$ on one of those beds. Here's the trick: not only raise the head, but the knees as well. That way, you're not falling off the end. I hate the thing, tho. I wish I had our old posturepedic back. I slept on that thing like a baby.

I took out a Cornish Hen for DH for dinner. I'll have a Chicken Kiev.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,674 times
Default Feeling a little better

Thanks all of you for your kind words and heart felt feelings. It was just the support that I needed. I left work a little early yesterday and went to the vet's office. I brought all 7 medications and asked him to pass them on to someone that needs them. He gave me a big hug and said, "3 years Jessie, he made it 3 years" He's right. Ben shouldn't have made it 6 months. I think it was what I needed. The vet and the techs have been so caring with Ben. One of the techs even made him a cake for his 3rd birthday. I felt much better. I guess I needed that closure.

Sooooo my foodie friends, DINNER. I got a family pack of chicken thighs for .67 cents a pound. Not sure what I'm going to do with them tonight but chicken thighs it is. The rest will go in the freezer.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 AM

I love chicken thighs shaken in a paper grocery bag with seasoned flour and baked at 375 until crispy. Can also pump up the broiler for a few minutes at the end to get that crisp.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I love chicken thighs shaken in a paper grocery bag with seasoned flour and baked at 375 until crispy. Can also pump up the broiler for a few minutes at the end to get that crisp.
Sounds good and easy!! Thanks

Do I then shread them and put it in a taco???

Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 AM

Hehe.. I forgot to say I put the floured chicken on a cookie cooling rack, then I put the rack on a cookie sheet. This keeps it out of its own grease and lets hot air cook the bottom of the chicken.

To be honest, sometimes I do serve this with flour tortillas and salsa in honor of west coast fast food chain El Pollo Loco! You pull the chicken apart and make your own soft taco.

However, I USUALLY just serve this more traditionally with a side dish of rice and a green veg.

By the way, you just made me send a note to DH to remind me to remove chicken thighs from the freezer for tomorrow's dinner!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
What a funny thread and something we all have in common.
NMS mine is Prevacid and I too have to fight like heck to get it. My insurance copays changed this year and I was paying 38.00 a month for it and now it is 55.00. I don't know why we have to fight for our meds. They advertise them like crazy and then you can get a couple months then oooops gone.

Last year I had to fight for my protonix and ended up going 6 weeks without it before they approved it..in that time my reflux was out of control my hiatial hernia which I didn't know I had was out of control and I ended up with gastritis and two hospital trips with a lot of erosion in my throat because of that so now I have to go to an ENT every three months. I too had to be scoped and esophogus stretched as I always felt as if something was lodged in my throat.

You would think that the insurance companies would just give an ok for the drugs. Things like I had because of lack of cost the insurance company more money.

Oooops I digress.............Dinner????? No clue yet. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink