Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 02:11 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I always get the extended warranties and the dryer died 1 wk. after the expiration. I swear they are made to die right after it expires.

I don't know about appliance companies but all the auto companies have 'good-will' accounts for just this type of occurence. It might be worth a letter/E-mail to the manufacturer's customer service department, especially if you've had a number of appliances from the same maker.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM

566 posts, read 1,108,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Uh-oh someone's not feeling well? Feel better.
Thank you. Stomach was a mess and I don't know why? Didn't feel ill at all. I did start my diet, so maybe that was it?

Tonight? Something very spicey or perhaps Lemon Pepper Fishy and rice?
Gee, I am hungry NOW.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:13 PM

566 posts, read 1,108,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Uh-oh someone's not feeling well? Feel better.
Thank you. Stomach was a mess and I don't know why? Didn't feel ill at all. I did start my diet, so maybe that was it?

Tonight? Something very spicey or perhaps Lemon Pepper Fishy and rice?
Gee, I am hungry NOW.

Oops. I see the talk is on appliances now. Never mind.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,221 times
Happy Friday all!! Another fantastic mood! Earth shakes and all ha ha. It was nuthin Just another day in the life Cali ha ha. Well, mum I guess you were right. I would have called if it were serious.
Kelsie sorry about your dryer Couldn't it have been that darn iron that keeled over ha ha! Oh Grannroost that is great news!! Thank you for sharing SKBS don't know how you do it normally... now with a migrane?!! Rest rest rest!!! It is the weekend. Younglisa that bill alone is a deterrent for me, but it is so important to take care of your teeth.

Ok so I have an alfredo sauce recipe..& I think it can be made less fattening. Anyone interested? I will post it.

"Enthusiasm: a little thing that makes a big difference." I wish Everyone a happy healthy weekend with great food and good cooking

No more coffee for me............. he he he he!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
My DD is taking me out to dinner tonight for my b-day. She chose an Indian restaurant. I taught her right! She's only Junior in high school, but graduating this year with our oldest one who's a senior.

Your location piques my curiousity. Would that be something like a Navajo restaurant or the Asian variety? I'm curious what would be found on a native American menu.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Amber I use the fat free Land of Lakes cream for a low cal alfredo-is that what you do?

Thanks for the sunshine!!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,221 times
Lacey I couldn't believe how easy it was to make the Alfredo sauce. Yes to that question. I have been using low fat & low cal everything. It really is helping with my diet I didn't put on any weight through the holidays. WoooHooo! Sunshine is my pleasure

Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 PM

849 posts, read 1,954,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Your location piques my curiousity. Would that be something like a Navajo restaurant or the Asian variety? I'm curious what would be found on a native American menu.
It's Indian Food fron India, not native American kind.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,866,766 times
Sounds like another busy day here, all the shakin' and quakin' is makin me queasy....

I do believe appliances have a time chip in them to expire right after warranty, kind of like printers and printer ink....

Thanks for the well wishes on not smoking...after 30+ years, this is like learning to live all over...I used to wonder how people could live 'without' smoking...junkie thinking for sure....Cyn, this is pretty much cold turkey, I have the lozenges, but don't use them like they say...I put one in my mouth for a couple of minutes when I get really bad, and when the crave is gone, wrap it up and save it...have been using a couple a day that way...my other means is the treadmill, I get on that and walk a little...In a bit I will have 1 week, which I have never done before along with 10 miles on the treadmill this week so far....

Congrats Cyn on 3 weeks...Wow!!!!

Dinner tonight, not sure yet...

Old 01-09-2009, 03:12 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Lacey I couldn't believe how easy it was to make the Alfredo sauce. Yes to that question. I have been using low fat & low cal everything. It really is helping with my diet I didn't put on any weight through the holidays. WoooHooo! Sunshine is my pleasure

I know I lost 11 lbs over the entire holiday period! And didn't feel deprived.

You rock girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink