Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 07:52 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times

Advertisements

elston, sd, and cyn-

Pork Chops

I usually brown the pork chops first in evoo and season with salt and pepper. Add silced onions and mushrooms on top. Then add canned cream of soup or pork gravy and pour over the top. Cover the pan and slowly simmer for about 30 minutes depending on thickness. This usually is very moist.

I like applesauce and red cabbage with mine. Yum.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
elston, sd, and cyn-

Pork Chops

I usually brown the pork chops first in evoo and season with salt and pepper. Add silced onions and mushrooms on top. Then add canned cream of soup or pork gravy and pour over the top. Cover the pan and slowly simmer for about 30 minutes depending on thickness. This usually is very moist.

That indeed does sound good... I never had them like that before... I will have to give it a try!!

applesauce is a must with chops!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Goooooood morning all!

SKBS, we sampled those pizzas at Costco and they were pretty good IMO. Sorry to hear everyone is in the deep freeze, normally it's us but we've been in the 40's for a couple of weeks now though not much sun and it's supposed to start up with the invertsions soon.

Elston, try taking the can of cream of mushroom soup and mix with a half a can of white wine, salt/pepper to taste. Put the chops in a 9x13 pan and put a slice of either provlone,jack or swiss on top then cover with the soup/wine mix. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes to 1 hour and server over wide egg noodles or rice. They'll come out fork tender and real moist!
Sounds like a good recipe....but since crm of mushroom soup has been on the menu the last 3 days in a row......I think a break is in order....I like the sound of the wine and swiss cheese tho....that sounds good and different....and I have some left over shredded swiss....but not this time.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:56 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Default Pork Chops and Apple Sauce

Quote:
elston, sd, and cyn-

Pork Chops

I do have the applesauce..... I think there is a line in a cartoon about "pork chops and apple sauce" it used to be a line my kids could giggle about through an entire meal and drive me nutz....as they imitated the cartoon character.....whom so ever it was.....this would have been a good 30+ years ago.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Well I know what I'm going to buy tomorrow for the wife!! I'll let ya'll know if anything changes!!
You better run if you tell your wife that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdytoGo View Post
You know...in less than 24 hours I've learned:

1) Food doesn't have calories after midnight
2) A piece of fruit added to ice cream makes it healthy
3) Bigger purse = smaller butt!

I really like this place...........
See, it's a great place.

Lacey- Where is the wedding?

Denise- At least your husband is willing to learn. That's a plus.

centerd65 and tech- Welcome.

Morning all. This was a very busy place last night. Tonight leftovers for me and sausage and peppers over pasta for the hubby.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
That indeed does sound good... I never had them like that before... I will have to give it a try!!

applesauce is a must with chops!
Yeah I found that recipe years ago. Growing up my mother used to fry the "crud" out of them. They used to be as tough as shoe leather.

They are even better in the crockpot. Falling off the bone moist.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:08 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,960 times
Quote:
Yeah I found that recipe years ago. Growing up my mother used to fry the "crud" out of them. They used to be as tough as shoe leather.

Well as for the wife. She can cook as bout as good as a five year old!! So thats why I do all the cooking. But I enjoy it, and am learning aot of new things to try... Thanks to all ya'll on here!!

Always remember a "crockpot" Is your friend... Love them things...

Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:

I ususally brown them - then they go in the crockpot with a bottle of good bbq sauce for a good few hours until yummy and soft.

Best of all is to try and get pork with some fat in it - not just along the edges - they are much more tender and flavoursome, need less additions and actually taste of.... pork!!! Seems real pork has been bred out of existence.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
morning all!

tonight is the rest of the tamales, beans, green chile, and rice....be back later!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hi, all. Reading all your porck chop recipes is making me hungry! Not sure what we're having for dinner yet. Think I'll tell hubby it's his turn.

Cyn, you're doing so well! I bet you never thought you'd be smoke free for almost a month now! Congrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.