Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times

Advertisements

Just finished eating...

Salmon, seasoned with dill
Steamed asparagus
Sweet tea

Old 06-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 19 hours ago)

52,702 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Default Have Some BBQ Sauce

Hey, gang, I just want to share a recipe with you. My biggest love of all foods is Texas barbecue. Nothing, and I mean, nothing speaks my home state like smoked beef brisket, pork ribs, smoked sausage, chicken, ham, and even, occasionally, goat. What I'd like to share with you right here is a recipe for a sauce I make from time to time. If you want a real taste of Texas to go with your smoked meats, then give this thing a try. I posted this on the Texas threads recently when we talked about -- you guessed it -- food. So here it is for you below.

Take a look.

Case44's Texas Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:

1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Start with the ketchup as your base, then add and mix the other ingredients together in a saucepan. Heat contents with pan covered on stovetop using medium heat for about 7 minutes (use a cover because this stuff will splatter!), then immediately bring heat way down. Let the contents sit until splattering stops -- should take 3 to 5 minutes. If you've got jars to store your sauce, use them (I use a mason jar). Refrigerate for 7 to 10 days (it might last a little longer than that, but I wouldn't go too long), or you may freeze until you need it again. Delicious when served fresh, so it's great for any gathering. It will offer the right balance of Texas taste and zing for all smoked meats. You may use it as a marinade or as a great topping for your sandwiches or entrees. I use it for dipping (less mess).

Now you can top your meats! Enjoy!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 19 hours ago)

52,702 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I shredded all the pork, (what a pain!) and sprinkled a bit of Liquid Smoke in it, slapped it on a bun with some BBQ sauce and cole slaw, not bad at all!
It's all about turning lemons into lemonade!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's all about turning lemons into lemonade!
Amen to that! Love brisket, btw, my cousin make a killer one, she lived in Houston for 10 years, was the head training manager for the Blackeyed Pea before they franchised out.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Last night my daughter threw together a chicken spaghetti....in the sauce she shredded some cooked chicken, some sauteed fresh yellow neck squash, baby carrots, and broccoli. We had it over fettucini noodles with some fresh garlic bread! Yum!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:11 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Open the Fridge Surprise turned out to be leftover pinto beans with tortillas and hot sauce, with a second course of spinach leaves dressed in crushed bleu cheese, olive oil, and rice vinegar. Not too bad!

Tonight we're having brisket that I put in the crockpot with a sliced onion, a little red wine vinegar and dark soy sauce, and 1/4 c. of bbq sauce.

The usual treatment -- sweet onion, a pickle, and a whole wheat bun. Uh oh I'm ready now.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
I'm thinking fish tonight, guess I am gonna hit the market in a bit, and see whats there.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
Fish. that's what I'm doing tonight too.

Don't know whether to stick it in the oven or bread it and fry it. Tilapia.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:31 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I wish! But no. I have been reading up here daily but have my daughter and grandson still here for another week so haven't been posting much---sorry. Night before last my daughter made some Chimchangas----oh yummy!!! Last night we had ring bologna, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. Will try to at least post a bit more later.....right now my 3 year old grandson wants to use my computer---again!! Kids today! Amazing.

I had a friend's son join my day care yesterday for the day and he wasn't here 2 minutes and announced Oh Good, I'll use your computer..........NO.....I DON'T THINK SO.....
I have my computer in my kitchen and for some reason every time someone comes to my house, they feel they can just get on it.....I would never do that in someone's house..it's like opening someone else's refrigerator. (I know..Old School). Anyway, my computer has cost me a fortune because of someone helping themselves to it.

Jeez....I didn't know I had to vent LOL Sorry...........

Tonight is finally the London Broil...have been marinating it for a couple of days.

I am dying for a meal called Ropa Vieja...Translated it is Old Clothes...

Low Fat and oh so good...the problem is my hubbie isn't that crazy about it and I don't want to make it just for myself.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I had a friend's son join my day care yesterday for the day and he wasn't here 2 minutes and announced Oh Good, I'll use your computer..........NO.....I DON'T THINK SO.....
I have my computer in my kitchen and for some reason every time someone comes to my house, they feel they can just get on it.....I would never do that in someone's house..it's like opening someone else's refrigerator. (I know..Old School). Anyway, my computer has cost me a fortune because of someone helping themselves to it.

Jeez....I didn't know I had to vent LOL Sorry...........

Tonight is finally the London Broil...have been marinating it for a couple of days.

I am dying for a meal called Ropa Vieja...Translated it is Old Clothes...

Low Fat and oh so good...the problem is my hubbie isn't that crazy about it and I don't want to make it just for myself.

LOLLL my son calls it Old Clothes too. He doesn't want to eat it anymore. He used to love it.

Who said it was low fat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink