Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
gotta love Emeril

Ingredients
Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

2. Lightly grease a 6 cup casserole.

3. In a large saute pan, melt the remaining butter.

4. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.

5. Saute for about 2 minutes, or until the onions are soft.

6. Add the spinach.

7. Season with salt and pepper.

8. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.

9. Add the garlic and cream.

10. Mix well.

11. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.

12. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer.

13. Simmer the mixture for 6 minutes.

14. Remove the pan from the heat and turn into the prepared pan.

15. Add 1/2 of cheese to casserole and stir.

16. Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the grated cheese and place in the oven.

17. Bake for about 4 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Hi all been trying to catch up but I can't read all the great food ideas for the last 30 days that I missed. This spinach sounds fantastic!!! Ventured into Seattle yesterday and went to Seafair. So much to see and do....We decided that every Sunday we will venture out and go someplace new till we learn the area. Pikes Market is the BOMB!!!! Mon-Sat we work on the house. Have new windows coming in a few days.Sometimes I wish my hubby wasn't such a do it yourselfer!!! Pork loin tonight with oven roasted potatoes----------this spinach will go great with it.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hubby wants tacos-I'm not a fan. Have to see what the day brings.

Amber I have sausage/peppers and the crusty bread and I love mustard on them.
Lacey,

Something else to try (don't know if you don't like tacos, or mexican food as a whole), but....

Flour tortillas
Ground Beef
Taco seasoning
Shredded cheese
2 x cans Enchilada Sauce

1. Cook taco meat like you normally would.
2. Pour one can of enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of a glass pyrex dish (9 x 15 or so.. don't remember exactly the size).
3. Put taco meat and shredded cheese into tortilla, roll the tortilla leaving the ends open.
4. Place the rolled tortillas into the baking dish.
5. Use the second can of enchilada sauce to pour over the enchiladas.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese over each enchilada.
7. Cook in 350 oven for 15-20 mins.

Ready to eat. I know this isn't the traditional way for making enchiladas, but I'm Italian! Kids love it, too. It's a change from traditional taco dinners, but is easy and quick. I made it up myself versus using a recipe, so if it's not good, you can blame me.

Rath

Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
hubby just got told by the Dr today he has high cholestorol... I am at a loss... he tells me tonight to cook him a really heart healthy meal...Now, besides the creamed spinach (seems to be a big hit on here) I tend to cook low fat (as explained previously, so I can eat my desserts)... so I don't know what the heck he is talking about... I have some fish- tilapia- and peppers, zucchini... maybe grill them all up (not out of the ordinary dinners I make) and a salad... I think it is the vending machine I am fighting against... not my cooking

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
hubby just got told by the Dr today he has high cholestorol... I am at a loss... he tells me tonight to cook him a really heart healthy meal...Now, besides the creamed spinach (seems to be a big hit on here) I tend to cook low fat (as explained previously, so I can eat my desserts)... so I don't know what the heck he is talking about... I have some fish- tilapia- and peppers, zucchini... maybe grill them all up (not out of the ordinary dinners I make) and a salad... I think it is the vending machine I am fighting against... not my cooking
Just remember, skbs, I don't know the truth to this (not being a doctor), but I have heard that sometimes cholesterol is hereditary. There may not be much you can do about it in the diet (if you already cook low cholesterol).

Old 08-04-2008, 09:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Thanks Rath-I've made that and love it.

SKBS-it could be the vending machine or what he's doing during the day. I know you cook healthy from your posts.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Happy Monday! elston I'm be there for dinner, miss the New Englad chawder and stuffies! Not sure what I am doing tonight for dinner, our company left this morning and I'm a little tired. Maybe leftovers or......

Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanks Rath-I've made that and love it.

SKBS-it could be the vending machine or what he's doing during the day. I know you cook healthy from your posts.
thanks that makes me feel better... I felt like I was doing him in somewhere with the food he eats at home... He is Italian and I have read that people of Mediteranian decent tend have higher cholestorol. It is all that Chicken Parm he ate growing up LOL I can blame it on his mother I am bad...

Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Hey all not sure what we are doing for dinner tonight. Under hurricane watch,tropical storm warning, supposed to have football, have to haul everything from the backyard to the garage, not sure what to do at this point. Probably have chicken or I have some lasagna in the freezer I could thaw. Everyone have good thoughts that this stupid edouard storm dies down tonight.

Anyone have any having a storm food ideas? lol

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
MTH-hope his misses you all.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Anyone have any having a storm food ideas? lol
Sorry to hear you're under the gun there

It is wonderfully overcast here and it is almost never not sunny, so I should make something tasty to celebrate. (There really is such a thing as too much sun.)

I don't have lasagna noodles in the house, but I do have ricotta cheese. I am thinking of throwing together elbows, ricotta, ground beef, mozzarella and pasta sauce - sort of a faux lasagna/baked ziti. It is easy enough to make two meals worth, so it is good for leftovers.

I already have a blueberry-zucchini bread in the oven. It doesn't go with the pasta, but it will be great for a snack. It usually comes out soooo good, it may not make it til dinner time anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.