Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Sounds fit for a queen. You got my vote.
LOLLL.

And.......I also am only 8 days away from my little cruise. Really little. I'm only going to the Bahamas. From Miami, it is really "only" but I can't wait! Need to get out of here for a few days.

I keep looking for where I'm going to go next, like around Feb. or March. Problem is everything is based on "double occupancy" or you pay through the roof. All the single females I know are either "not sure", "don't know yet", "don't have any money", "don't have vacation time".

What is wrong with all these people?????

Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,713,480 times
Tonight we're having this: The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond

I don't have cream of mushroom (used that last night for the ground turkey sos) so I'm using cream of chicken and cream of celery. I also just stirred in the cheese and used 3 boneless/skinless chicken thighs that I boiled and chopped finely.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
I have the biggest cheser cat grin right now. With Kelsie taking SKBS place in KW and all....even my Marco? ha ha ha!
Jessie I will root for you you best believe. We don't miss a game.
Skbs a belatedhappy birthday to you and a happy b day to your little diva
Kelsie I gave up on ironing ha ha I take a damp rag and throw it in with the item I need ironed in the dryer
Babette your taco soup is a keeper at my house! Only bad thing was.........I scortched my tounge
I recomend this to all the foodies here

Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
This is dinner. I will double the recipe. add a little cilantro. mmm mmm! Thank you Babette
Hope you enjoy it Amber.....tonight I had the last little cup of leftovers from the batch I made last week, and it was just as good as the first cup!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
It was so good this weekend and I have some in my freezer. It was a full crockpot without doubling the recipe. I did add some extra cumin. Yummy
Jessie, I'm so glad you liked it - and I love the idea of extra cumin....I'll do that with my next batch!!

Quote:
MMMMMMM...... Now I really can't wait! Enough for 6 people you think? without doubling it?
Amber, if you double it you could feed an army!! With the recipe as it is, my crockpot is full to the brim!! Be sure to let me know how it turns out!! ENJOY!!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:55 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
That is a most favorable description. I just practiced on the pork, sweet potato, tomato. I will be out of training soon.
pacman with a camera around his neck. ohh and a hat!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,522 times
Hubby and I had lunch at Cracker Barrel today as we were heading out on a shopping trip to find me some cold weather clothes!! We both ate WAY more than we should, and neither of us were very hungry tonight! I ended up with a banana sandwich and the last cup of taco soup, and hubby had a bowl of cereal!! LOL

Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
pacman with a camera around his neck. ohh and a hat!
Not my camera around my neck. Not that monster weighing 7+ pounds. I really would like a light weight camera now that can be taken with me at all times. Especially when nice dinners are served at the various dives around the country...That is my story for the time being.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Our ham tasted really good, but they hid a big ol' nasty bone inside and it was supposed to be "semi boneless". I never did get that. It's either boneless or it's not. Anyway, one more reason never to buy meat at Wally world. I thought they couldn't mess up a ham, but they did.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Ok all of you wonderful people I need your help. I know this is off topic but help me.

You all have posted so many wonderful recipes and I've tried to copy and paste some but it isn't working. Where are you pasting it to? I get it copied and then I try to paste to a recipe file on "my computer" but it's not there when I go to paste.??? Please give me step by step because I am a computer disaster, lol.

Thanks all,
Lisa

Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,749 times
Talking Nomoresnow, send me your ham bone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Our ham tasted really good, but they hid a big ol' nasty bone inside and it was supposed to be "semi boneless". I never did get that. It's either boneless or it's not. Anyway, one more reason never to buy meat at Wally world. I thought they couldn't mess up a ham, but they did.
NMS, what a great break for you! A ham bone makes wonderful ham and bean soup. I love to make mine with Great Northern Beans, potatoes, onions, celery and a little chopped, canned tomato. Yummy!
When they say "semi-boneless", that means you will get a shank bone or similar sized bone, but not the entire joint. A boneless ham has the bone removed, but nearly as much flavor and not much chance of that next great dinner with the ham bone.

If you don't like ham and bean soup, the bone makes a wonderful broth for ham, green beans, wedged potatoes and some onion. Always one of our family favorites with a nice crusty bread for sopping up the broth from the plate. Another winner for us PA Dutch folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.