Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:36 AM

777 posts, read 1,337,052 times

Advertisements

Milk. Actually, most fake milk products as well. I will USE them in cooking, but I will never straight up drink a glass any "milk."

Most energy drinks.
Most alcohol, if not all- just not a fan.
Red wine= headaches, so no to that.
Generally don't drink any wine anyway.
Most fruit juices that people give their kids.
Diet anything. So gross.
Not a huge soda drinker anymore; but I will have a ginger ale once in a while.
While I do get "half caf" drinks sometimes, straight of Decaf is seriously a "what's the freaking point" kind of drink. Not a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 AM

216 posts, read 438,500 times
Jagermeister. One very rough night ten years ago has ruined it for me. LOL

Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
Coffee - makes me sick
I can't drink most beers because of the gluten but sometimes that doesn't stop me
I don't drink milk by itself (I did drink it the other night mixed with some kind of booze but I regret it. Milk is yuk.)

There was one spirit or liqueur that I vowed never to drink again because of a horrendous hangover but I can't remember what it is so the likelihood now is that I will drink it again.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM

311 posts, read 450,949 times
Diet drinks. Decaf tea is a huge no (though naturally decaf teas like herbals are fine). Energy drinks too.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:45 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Whiskey

Old 03-16-2014, 11:52 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Any form of soft drink/soda. Just. Do. Not. Like. Yuck.
Anything sugar-free or "diet", because of the nasty after-taste.
Milk. Except for real half & half in my coffee, or milk in English-style tea.
Tried Jaegermeister once, close to 20 years ago. Holy crap, that is awful-tasting stuff. Never again!

Old 03-16-2014, 12:32 PM

993 posts, read 1,561,293 times
Horchata. I saw some show, don't remember which, where there was a joke about the recipe consisting entirely of vomit. Obviously that's not true, but I'll never be able to shake the association out of my head.

Root beer. I tried it once as a kid and didn't enjoy it.

Energy drinks. There's no appeal to me. I don't have much of a problem with energy levels throughout the day, but I'd choose a cup of coffee or espresso before I ever resorted to an energy drink if I was desperate for a pick-me-up.

Also, beer. I think people only like beer because they've been socialized to think it's awesome. There's nothing tasty about it, and there are way faster (liquor) or more enjoyable (wine) ways to get drunk if that's the goal.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Tequila is the first thing that comes to mind. I overdid it about 30 years ago and haven't touched it since, not even one Margarita. The only other thing that comes to mind, but I am sure there are more, is prune juice. I love prunes, but the juice is just too much. I can't say I would never drink a soft drink, but it is rare I have them. I might take a sip of spoiled brats once or twice a year.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:40 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Horchata. I saw some show, don't remember which, where there was a joke about the recipe consisting entirely of vomit. Obviously that's not true, but I'll never be able to shake the association out of my head.

Root beer. I tried it once as a kid and didn't enjoy it.

Energy drinks. There's no appeal to me. I don't have much of a problem with energy levels throughout the day, but I'd choose a cup of coffee or espresso before I ever resorted to an energy drink if I was desperate for a pick-me-up.

Also, beer. I think people only like beer because they've been socialized to think it's awesome. There's nothing tasty about it, and there are way faster (liquor) or more enjoyable (wine) ways to get drunk if that's the goal.
My little sister liked the taste of beer since she was a toddler. My dad used to give her a bit in a glass when he had one. I, on the other hand, never did like it, even though I tried.

I have no desire to drink clam juice. Don't like the taste of strong liquor. I can only tolerate slightly sweet wines and mixed drinks where you can't taste the alcohol. I don't drink diet drinks anymore or any drink using artificial sweeteners.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:04 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Horchata. I saw some show, don't remember which, where there was a joke about the recipe consisting entirely of vomit. Obviously that's not true, but I'll never be able to shake the association out of my head...
What's not to like about horchata? I drink it at least three times a week. It's a mildly flavored (cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar) creamy drink often made from ground rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink