Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 06:55 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have what I am hungry for no matter what time of the day it is or what the food is. We are not regimented in anything we do so there is no "breakfast" food in our home, there is food and if we want Tacos in the morning and waffles after dark that is what we have.

I love this. Sounds like fun. Are you retired?

For me it really depends on what it I want and time constraints. Lately I have been making protein fruit smoothies for breakfast. Yesterday morning I had more time in the morning so I made scrambled eggs and some gluten free toast. It was nice to have a bigger breakfast to get the day started right.

Weekends are more relaxed and I can do something that I may really want like a quiche, bacon, eggs, something where I have more time to prepare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 07:35 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
During the week I always have toast with butter and marmite. And a giant cup of coffee. On most weekends/days off we have eggs with hashbrowns or grits with country ham. Once a month we might make pancakes, french toast, dutch babies, or oatmeal. I'm not a fan of overly sweet foods so it's more savory for us. I also don't like spicy or strong flavors first thing in the morning so only mild things. Like I won't eat stuffed omelets or spicy ranchero eggs or frittata etc.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:39 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
I always take the same breakfast, except if I'm away from hone and having breakfast at the hotel (although in that case I tend to just add a couple of items to my usual coffee and bread).
I often say I'm going to have something different but I wake up and head straight to the usual out of habit...

Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
About five mornings a week, I have plain full-fat yogurt over fresh fruit (right now, pears, and often strawberries which are always available at the farmer's market in SoCal), plus a piece of whole-wheat toast.

About once a week I'll make waffles, and once a scrambled egg with toast. So I'm pretty boring, but we get up and going early and it's too much trouble to cook a lot or try to be creative when I'm barely awake.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:32 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
I try to eat a breakfast with lots of fiber most mornings, and it's typically my healthiest meal of the day. Most mornings I will have oatmeal with added flax seed and some type of fruit mixed into it--usually bananas or frozen cherries chopped up into while cooking. Sometimes I add pumpkin and cinnamon. Other mornings I mix non-fat greek yogurt, some fruit, flax seed, and a little bit of Fiber One cereal together. My quick breakfast is a bowl of Raisin Bran with skim milk.

Once in awhile I'll make a couple of scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese. In the summer when tomatoes are tasty I love a BLT for breakfast on weekends. My H said yesterday he's going to make biscuits and sausage gravy this morning for both of us. We'll see. If I eat a heavier breakfast like pancakes or diner style eggs, bacon and hash browns it's because H makes it.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:52 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,590,165 times
Work days its always cereal. Usually Cheerio's or the off brand equivalent. with some kind of fruit. Occasionally something different. Whole milk, coffee and a hard boiled egg.

Days off can vary a little. Often eggs and bacon or sausage, pancakes, french toast, leftover pizza. If I have no apointments I don't do breakfast or lunch but do brunch instead which can be any of the above or some more lunch like thing.

If I am attending a martial arts seminar or eating breakfast out I go for an omelet with meats and cheese, hash browns, rye toast and coffee.

My work life and the things I usually do on my days off require an energy and protein dense start.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:22 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
I love love the sweet cereals,,, and love milk

but if I have a bowl of sweet cereal in the morning, its like carb overload...

id rather have bacon and eggs or sausage or oatmeal

Old 02-01-2015, 07:53 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
Eggs are a regular staple for me...I eat them just about every single day...and they're usually scrambled. At times I'll make a vegetable omelet, but not all that often.

I don't vary much after that. I may have turkey bacon, small bowl of oatmeal, or some yogurt with them.. And while I do love pancakes and waffles, I find that I feel "heavy," if you will, after eating it. Perhaps it's the simple carbohydrates effect that leads me to a crash and burn feeling after I eat them...So, while I do like them, I will limit my consumption of them to special occasions.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:14 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I eat cold cereal about once a month, oatmeal a couple of times a week if it's not hot outside (or in the house), and eggs every second or third day. Last week I made a quiche and ate that for three days. Dinner leftovers are fair game, too. This morning I had avocado, grapefruit and a little yogurt.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
A bowl of plain Cheerios with 1% milk, 7 days a week. I'm really boring. But if I don't have my morning Cheerios, I'm not pleasant to be around the rest of the day.

The only time I do something different is if I'm traveling and have breakfast at a restaurant. Then I'll typically go for a big breakfast, with French toast, hashbrowns, bacon, scrambled eggs and OJ, but that's only a few times a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink