Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times

Advertisements

If I started going out a date and it slowly becomes a relationship, would this be a hassle?

I have the same eating habits as my deseased aunt (father's older sister) had so I guess it's genetic. She was into trying something new dishes sometimes and could possible finish 2-4 plates. At times she needed alcohol and couldn't walk for several minute.

I've been doing the same thing since I was almost 12 (now I'm gonna turn 26 by April). I love trying new stuff and sometimes go for the elaborated ones or if it's about a new animal meat that I've never tried before. They only disadvantage is that most of the times they are more expensive an average ''fried chicken and rice'' plate. I don't mind. The important part to me is I enjoy it. I could still afford it so I don't really care.

Now I will at times go to KFC, McDonald's or another fast food restaurant if I'm in a rush or if I'm tired of Chinese foods but if I were going every day to the same place, it would bore me quickly. Overall, from time to time I'll change.

So would this be a hassle to some men? I'm just versatile in food and desserts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
She was into trying something new sometimes and could possible finish 2-4 plates. At times she needed alcohol and couldn't walk for several minute.
What?

I agree with you, though, variety is the spice is life. Usually up for trying something new or getting the weirdest thing on the menu - though sometimes I just want a good burger

Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Speaking as a guy, it would not be a problem at all for me

Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Well, depends... if you like to try those exotic meats in the most expensive restaurants in town, eat 2-4 plates at a time, and expect your date to pay for it...

Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,834 times
Quote:
If I started going out a date and it slowly becomes a relationship, would this be a hassle?

I have the same eating habits as my deseased aunt (father's older sister) had so I guess it's genetic. She was into trying something new dishes sometimes and could possible finish 2-4 plates. At times she needed alcohol and couldn't walk for several minute.

I've been doing the same thing since I was almost 12 (now I'm gonna turn 26 by April). I love trying new stuff and sometimes go for the elaborated ones or if it's about a new animal meat that I've never tried before. They only disadvantage is that most of the times they are more expensive an average ''fried chicken and rice'' plate. I don't mind. The important part to me is I enjoy it. I could still afford it so I don't really care.

Now I will at times go to KFC, McDonald's or another fast food restaurant if I'm in a rush or if I'm tired of Chinese foods but if I were going every day to the same place, it would bore me quickly. Overall, from time to time I'll change.

So would this be a hassle to some men? I'm just versatile in food and desserts.
hard to understand what you're asking. If you asking that you like to mix it up when you go grab a bite to eat, no problem from this guy as long as your doing the driving. May the spending may bug some guys on a budget, or don't like eating out as much.

Don't understand how the text in bold relates to your resturant variety question though....

Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Speaking as a guy, it would not be a problem at all for me
Great to hear. This however, annoys my parents sometimes and one time my father is like ''Why can't you be simple and order what most are eating''.

I can't stand the same plate over and over again. Boring.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Don't understand how the text in bold relates to your resturant variety question though....
She would eat a lot at the same time and wouldn't get full easily. That's how much she liked food. Now it's like I inherited that trait.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Unless you burn it easily, it would concern me, yes.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
You order 2 to 4 meals?

Yikes!

I'm more of a sharer because most meals are too big for 1 person.

Now get a bunch of people together and everyone try everything?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,834 times
Quote:
She would eat a lot at the same time and wouldn't get full easily. That's how much she liked food. Now it's like I inherited that trait.
You mean you like to change it up AND put away 4-5 plates????

umm, i guess that I would pass on joining you for going out to eat. Also, I don't see how that can be healthy for you in the long run.

Last edited by Dr. Clean; 02-09-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink