Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 06:14 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,543,996 times

Advertisements

Making a turkey for the first time in over 10 years, since we usually travel or visit our vegan offspring.

We always made it in the Webber kettle, but due to location, it’s in an electric oven...fingers crossed.

Oh, and due to my relationship with cooking on electric, spouse is dealing with it.

Happy T-Day, all!

Old 11-23-2017, 06:39 PM

6,166 posts, read 4,547,843 times
Turkey, potatoes, homemade stuffing, homemade gravy, carrots, and NO DESSERT! Who was in charge of dessert? No one.

Also first time in an electric oven and it came out fine. I am very thankful for that, but still a little miffed about dessert.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:15 PM

4,617 posts, read 3,318,378 times
Well, we didn't get our promised dinner from the neighbor (she obviously forgot) but I had the chicken, so threw it in the oven, made up a packet of stuffing given to us by a visitor about 5 years ago, served fresh cranberry sauce I'd made up which had been sitting in a closed container in the fridge for about 6 months (!!) and we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. No dessert so we ate yoghurt. Hubby put on a CD of the Chieftans and that was that.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:27 PM

48,574 posts, read 34,956,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Well, we didn't get our promised dinner from the neighbor (she obviously forgot) but I had the chicken, so threw it in the oven, made up a packet of stuffing given to us by a visitor about 5 years ago, served fresh cranberry sauce I'd made up which had been sitting in a closed container in the fridge for about 6 months (!!) and we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. No dessert so we ate yoghurt. Hubby put on a CD of the Chieftans and that was that.
While the thought was nice, it's worse to offer and then not deliver, than to not offer at all.

But you are handling it graciously.

I brought over a plate to my neighbors (I thought the husband was home alone, but there was enough for 2), and I owe the thought to you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2017, 11:20 PM

38,950 posts, read 22,954,621 times
We had a get-together at my sister's house and had roast turkey, stuffing, cream-style corn, sweet potatoes, sauteed green beans and mashed potatoes. For dessert, we had cream cheese rolls from a local Cuban bakery.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:46 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I love the Cheiftans. Sorry about your neighbor. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving without her.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:17 AM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
We had a nice dinner.

My son made roasted root vegetables - beets, carrots, red onions, turnips with a garlic balsamic glaze. I made mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with pecan marshmallow topping, wild rice pilaf with cranberries, green bean casserole with wild mushrooms topped with home fried onions, Waldorf salad, homemade stuffing with pecans and sausage crumbles, Field Roast and mushroom sherry sauce. Cranberry sauce - a 100 year old recipe made with orange zest.

Ocean Spray canned jellied for DH

Malbac wine or Chardonnay.

For desert, carrot cake, Dutch apple pie, pumpkin pie. vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:20 AM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
I was hoping for a rerun of thanksgiving, since it’s all the goodness, without the fuss, but we aren’t left with many leftovers. I’m pretty sure there is enough turkey, stuffing, gravy and squash for two people. Hope so.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:26 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,616,376 times
Gathered up with friends at a restaurant yesterday and since I've had turkey all last week, for my meal yesterday I had a frisee, roasted delicata squash & roquefort salad, roasted venison loin with a wine reduction sauce, swiss chard, pureed parsnips and balsamic cippolini onions, with chocolate hazelnut gelato and a house-made cruller split & filled with espresso mousse for dessert. Thankful that the portions were reasonably sized so it didn't take a handtruck to get me back to my vehicle afterwards

Old 11-24-2017, 08:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
While most of you are enjoying left overs, we are having some of the family over to watch football. I am doing snacks, and fixing a couple of frozen pizzas. Of course I will doctor them a little, but not much. Most of us are still full from yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink