Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 01:38 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Well, it's between a hot ham and cheese, or ice cream and a hot cinnamon roll. Guess which way I'm leaning?
I vote cinnamon roll!

I'm finally making a recipe MagicShark and DawnMTL told me to make over a year ago, torsk, or poor man's lobster made with cod. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12783/torsk/

I'm not sure I'll like it because I really don't like fish all that much, but I'm trying expand my horizons a little.

DH will like it. I'm also making cole slaw, boiled red potatoes, and cottage cheese sprinkled with italian parsley, which may be my whole dinner.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:47 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I vote cinnamon roll!

I'm finally making a recipe MagicShark and DawnMTL told me to make over a year ago, torsk, or poor man's lobster made with cod. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12783/torsk/

I'm not sure I'll like it because I really don't like fish all that much, but I'm trying expand my horizons a little.

DH will like it. I'm also making cole slaw, boiled red potatoes, and cottage cheese sprinkled with italian parsley, which may be my whole dinner.
Almost 700 calories for a single piece of FISH? Yikes! I need recipes to make me like fish more too, but personally there's no reason for me to eat it if its not a healthy recipe.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:21 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Tonight will be roast beef and broccoli! With several days of leftovers!

Old 04-25-2018, 03:04 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,473,160 times
Quote:
I vote cinnamon roll!

Well be careful! I made it a couple weeks ago and set off my darn fire alarms!
I am thinking that 700 calories is off. I notice it can be wonky on Allrecipes.

P.S. I vote cinnamon roll too!

Old 04-25-2018, 03:07 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Leftover Chinese spicy goodness.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:33 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Tonight we are having small cups of clear Japanese onion and mushroom soup, pan-seared rib eyes, cucumber salad, a bottle of Malbec and apple-rum bread pudding for dessert.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:50 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:

I'm adding that to my list! Same as you, trying to eat more fish, but I am not really a fan, and I have cod in the freezer.

No idea for tonight, DH is catching a flight so probably no cooking for me for a few days, just snack and probably pull some leftovers from the freezer.

It's weird that I'm excited at not having to cook..... it's not like DH makes me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-25-2018, 04:03 PM

588 posts, read 463,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Here you go, Sarah. A high-toned name for your stew straight from Colombia:

Estofado de lentejos con carne

Once you are done eating this for three days you will be es-stuffed.
estofado de lentejos con carne

Stew and lentils with the best of meat....

Got it.

Thank you mio Colombian! I will say that next time.

I am practicing!

Old 04-25-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Well, it's between a hot ham and cheese, or ice cream and a hot cinnamon roll. Guess which way I'm leaning?
Lord, you must be 20 years old.

Gotta love it!

Old 04-25-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I vote cinnamon roll!

You got what I was guessing....hey if he likes it fine.

Make something for yourself.

WOW to think that we eat exactly the same thing and like it when in a romantic relationship (yea been there)... but on a day to day or when you are expanding your horizons....good...do you really think all those chefs out there eat what their customers eat? No!

There was a famous chef, Beadsley (something) at the close of his life and his career will be remembered forever...you know what was asked...what is your favorite meal

He said...an onion sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink