Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 08:15 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,477,471 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear you are doing OK DawnMTL! Good luck on your charging!

Last weekend the husband went deep sea fishing and brought back some lovely haddock. Tonight he will turn some of that into fish tacos. Now I did have haddock for dinner last night. I don't care! I love it and it would take a lot for me to get even remotely sick of it!

I hope you all have a fun but safe Sunday!

Old 09-23-2018, 10:10 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
It's our 6 year anniversary so we are going out to eat, not sure where yet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-23-2018, 11:28 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Thank you, lovely ladies, for the DM, well wishes, and email.

One of the tornados hit just a few blocks from my house. More than 300,000 of us are without electricity, which likely won't be restored until early next week. The main transformer for my area took a direct hit. Horrible as it is, it was worse in a nearby city where entire homes were leveled. No casualties, most thankfully. My biggest hardship is charging my cell phone so I can't conplain.

Thank you again...you warm my heart.
Just sent you a DM, Dawn. Holy crap. I am glad you are OK and hope power is restored SOON!!!

If you had been visiting me here in NH (which of course as you know you are always welcome to do! ), I would have served you ... um, breadsticks and thin-crust pizza.

OK, it's not gourmet, but from what I know of you, you would have enjoyed it as much as I did ...

I have a lot left over for the next couple of days. Happy Sunday, everyone!

P.S. These are WAL-MART brand items ... I was frankly astonished at how good they were!

Old 09-23-2018, 11:33 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Just sent you a DM, Dawn. Holy crap. I am glad you are OK and hope power is restored SOON!!!

If you had been visiting me here in NH (which of course as you know you are always welcome to do! ), I would have served you ... um, breadsticks and thin-crust pizza.

OK, it's not gourmet, but from what I know of you, you would have enjoyed it as much as I did ...

I have a lot left over for the next couple of days. Happy Sunday, everyone!

P.S. These are WAL-MART brand items ... I was frankly astonished at how good they were!
You know me. I would have loved them! And the company! Thank you for the well wishes while I wait for the power to be restored.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:22 PM

12,047 posts, read 8,433,033 times
Just like the "old days" having the power out. I remember Mom starting the oven (that was before electric pilot lights, stupid things) and opening out the oven door to warm the kitchen. The cat would come in and sleep on a pillow on the oven door.

Funny she allowed that as she was a meticulous housekeeper. Must have loved that cat!

Just good to know you are safe and sound if not fully "electronicized", Dawn.

Happy Anniversary, Mikala.

I enjoy seeing everyone's pictures so keep them coming. Dh took one of my lemon pie. Good thing we took the picture last night as this morning when I got up some mousie had come in the night and cut two pieces out of it!

Old 09-23-2018, 12:34 PM

23,551 posts, read 24,057,818 times
Preparing a beef stew in our slow cooker for this autumn evening.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:36 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Just like the "old days" having the power out. I remember Mom starting the oven (that was before electric pilot lights, stupid things) and opening out the oven door to warm the kitchen. The cat would come in and sleep on a pillow on the oven door.

Funny she allowed that as she was a meticulous housekeeper. Must have loved that cat!

Happy Anniversary, Mikala.

I enjoy seeing everyone's pictures so keep them coming. Dh took one of my lemon pie. Good thing we took the picture last night as this morning when I got up some mousie had come in the night and cut two pieces out of it!
"SOME MOUSIE"??? And you can be this CALM about it?!!

I would be freaking out (I am completely, and irrationally, terrified of mice). Then again, my tiny kitty Chloe leaves me mouse corpses to deal with 2-3 times a year. Ugh ...

Old 09-23-2018, 12:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
"SOME MOUSIE"??? And you can be this CALM about it?!!

I would be freaking out (I am completely, and irrationally, terrified of mice). Then again, my tiny kitty Chloe leaves me mouse corpses to deal with 2-3 times a year. Ugh ...
I'm pretty sure that the fact that they cut out slices of the pie means it is not traditional mouse.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-23-2018, 01:00 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,008,537 times
Happy Anniversary, Mikala!

For me, not hungry as I'm preparing for a big video interview tomorrow, so am too stressed to eat. But, I've got some super spicy, organic, fully cooked, beef sausagey things I can heat up with sauerkraut as a very late dinner, if my stomach de-knots itself. Yeah, I'm used to spicy & pickled stuff, so it doesn't affect my stomach the way it does others... comes from having an eastern EU mum. But, the butterflies probably won't subside 'til after the interrogation... I mean interview.

The sausages are about the best I've had, but I bought them at Costco before I got my new eyeglass prescription, when I would wander around squinting & banging into li'l old, surly ladies. I'd hesitated cuz I thought the 8 sausages were $8.99 & I'm not a hearty sausage afficianado... I eat any kind of sausage once in a blue moon & could safely live without. Well, once home, with new glasses on, I took out the pkg to see they were $18.99.

I had one last weekend. It was well worth the price.

Enjoy the last day of summer!

Old 09-23-2018, 01:31 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post

Thanks, Lodestar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink