Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 02:02 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,890,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
For me, a "cuppa" is a cup of tea and that's just how we refer to it.
Since your location says "Heart of Dixie", I'm tempted to ask: are you referring to cold sweet tea, or hot unsweetened tea?

Old 02-27-2018, 02:06 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,871,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ding ding ding, congratulations. You are the hundredth person in the thread to say this.

Your prize is a yummy sammy.
You, Dirt Grnder, and Dawn are the members I most want to rep and usually can’t.

Do you think smashed potatoes count as veggies?

My brother didn’t like veggies when he was little and our mom always insisted that he eat at least two veggies every day. He always thought mashed potatoes and gravy should count as veggies. And yes, I said mashed potatoes. My mom never made smashed potatoes, she always made mashed potatoes.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I said the same thing. It's easier to type. And if you reach over with your right hand to hit the "i", you don't even have to put your beer down.
That is the best reason I have seen yet.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:09 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,905,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazuemague View Post
"I'm a foodie."

Like anyone ever said, "Yeah, I don't f**kin like food."
I study foods. I research foods. I read cookbooks. I appreciate fine food. I go to food destinations. I'll drive hours to try a unique restaurant. I like to talk about food. I cook dishes from around the world. I seek-out unique ingredients.

I'm a foodie.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
I agree.

Could we also please stop calling vegetables "veggies"? We're not all four years old.
Do you dine out much? You will see veggie pizza, veggie burrito, veggie fajitas, veggie pasta, veggie sub, veggie burger....

Who says “vegetable burger?”

Does anyone say, “I would like the veg-uh-tah-bull fajitas please.”

Veggie is such a convenient word.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Since your location says "Heart of Dixie", I'm tempted to ask: are you referring to cold sweet tea, or hot unsweetened tea?
My tag line is "Southern Fried Brit", so my cuppa is hot tea with one sugar and some milk.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I study foods. I research foods. I read cookbooks. I appreciate fine food. I go to food destinations. I'll drive hours to try a unique restaurant. I like to talk about food. I cook dishes from around the world. I seek-out unique ingredients.

I'm a foodie.
I frequently work in Wisconsin, usually for a week at a time. At least once during the week I drive 1 1/2 hours north to get a single scoop of the Best Ice Cream in the World. And that is after I have driven an hour south to get my favorite cheese curds. I usually do one dinner of cheese curds followed by ice cream, then try to eat healthy the rest of the week. It is a five hour round trip drive from my hotel to get them since they are different directions but I do it because I am a FOODIE.

I can’t begin to count the hours and miles it took me to research the best ice cream and best cheese curds. Well worth it

Old 02-27-2018, 02:24 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,890,138 times
Quote:
My tag line is "Southern Fried Brit", so my cuppa is hot tea with one sugar and some milk.
Ah, gotcha! My version of tea is hot black tea, plain. But I do like British-style snacks on the side, like scones with jam. Hot tea also does wonders after a heavy, greasy meal (iced tea won't work). Totally knocks that full, sluggish feeling down several notches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I can’t begin to count the hours and miles it took me to research the best ice cream and best cheese curds. Well worth it
Me too. I sometimes drive into Wisconsin to get cheese curds from Mars Cheese Castle. Totally worth it. There's also a Metra line going from Chicago to Kenosha, but there aren't many trains running on weekends.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
...I do it because I am a FOODIE...
You are indeed.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:26 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,083,248 times
Quote:
You, Dirt Grnder, and Dawn are the members I most want to rep and usually can’t.

Do you think smashed potatoes count as veggies?

My brother didn’t like veggies when he was little and our mom always insisted that he eat at least two veggies every day. He always thought mashed potatoes and gravy should count as veggies. And yes, I said mashed potatoes. My mom never made smashed potatoes, she always made mashed potatoes.
Technically, potatoes are veggies. But I think, nowadays, with everyone watching their carbs, people tend to re-classify them in their minds. (I do that. I love potatoes but... sigh...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.