Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:47 PM

130,230 posts, read 12,093,129 times

Advertisements

I use my cordless electric kettle to boil the water, I have a small glass tea pot, with an insert for loose teas, so no tea strainer is needed. But I mostly use tea bags. I like chai, mint, ginger, green,
lavender, all teas really. DH drinks Earl Grey & sometimes add a double bergamot teabag.
In the summer we buy a lavender roobios mix, which I like over ice. I use china mugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 06:08 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
Another vote for Lapsang Soochong!! Also chai. I usually just make one mug as I live alone. If I have a guest, I have a couple of vintage teapots I like.

I don't like it scalding hot. I found that a pottery mug takes a while to cool; a china mug, less time; and a china teacup, I can drink it immediately.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I gave up a teapot years ago, use an electric kettle now, and I keep it busy all day, drinking cup after cup of decaf green tea during the day, and chamomile in the evening. The thought of a hot cup of tea is often what gets me out of bed in the morning. Having tea whenever I want has always seemed like a personal indulgence to me for some reason.

A cup of tea in my hands is a comfort and means all is well, like a cat purring in my lap.
Yes to this. A cup of hot tea in the cold months is indeed a comfort.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:37 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
https://www.chantal.com/teapot-for-f...s-infuser.html

This is my teapot, but in a beautiful mid blue. I bought it about 10 years ago, and then it did not come with a diffuser. Its spout does not drip. I love using it. The handle is generous and comfy,

Since I can boil water so fast on my induction burners, I bought a Chantal teakettle in cobalt blue. I gave my cordless electric kettle, away, and it is doing duty in another home.

My mugs are white porcelain.

Making tea is a relaxing, pleasant ritual.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:33 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
I drink about 3 cups of tea daily all year long. I rarely use teabags. I have several teapots, but my favorites are the small dutch cast iron pots, about 20 oz. or so. I have an old clay teapot that I made when I took ceramics classes and I have a couple of glass teapots. I have several infusers with and without lids and some infuser balls.

I like Lapsang and Russian Caravan and Assam. I have so many varieties from places where I have traveled, I could open a store. I like the flavored teas and chai. Also white tea and green tea, especially houjicha. Also like oolong. I have some rare blends and some fairly expensive teas. Once in a while I'll make rooibos or hibiscus tea, but mostly I prefer the ones with some caffeine. I've got a selection of things that you can add to the tea as well, including tumeric. I usually take it straight, but depending on the flavor, might add honey, lemon, cream or agave. I also sometimes add a sage leaf while steeping the tea. Not a big fan of matcha or earl grey. I also have a selection of tins to store the loose tea.

I do not like or drink coffee.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:35 AM

936 posts, read 823,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If you have a beloved teapot, tell me about it. If you love making and drinking tea, post about your ritual, or whatever makes you happy about your cuppa.
During the fall and winter I like to switch to hot tea. I boil my water with an electric kettle and I make my tea in a small 4-cup "Brown Betty," the iconic British teapot, that I bought several years ago from a nearby shop that specializes in imports from the UK and Ireland.

My favorite everyday tea is Barry's Irish Breakfast, the number one tea in Ireland. (Another item I buy from the import shop.) This Assam tea is so strong it brew up like a cup coffee.

Barry's Tea | Irish Tea | Irish Breakfast Tea

Old 10-10-2018, 05:45 AM

1,557 posts, read 1,157,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post

My favorite everyday tea is Barry's Irish Breakfast, the number one tea in Ireland. (Another item I buy from the import shop.) This Assam tea is so strong it brew up like a cup coffee.

Barry's Tea | Irish Tea | Irish Breakfast Tea
Saw this thread (good idea, op) last night just before I went to sleep and thought I would post about the best tea I've ever had in the morning.

RDM, you beat me to it.

Barry's Irish Breakfast Tea is TEA.

Every afternoon (year round) after a long peaceful brew in my old clear glass Pyrex tea pot. In my special tea mug, with just a splash of milk...

Life doesn't get any better than this.

Gotta add, I brush my teeth after drinking... Tea stains my teeth.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:06 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
I have little teapot (for a small cup of tea) that I purchased at a wholesale place in China that has a strainer built into its spout, but in any case I use teabags.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:04 AM

130,230 posts, read 12,093,129 times
someone repped me & recommended chrysanthum tea, thank you, I will look for it.

We have Barrys tea, but it is too strong & bitter for my tastes. It is the kind of tea that needs milk, & a sweetener, anyhow I prefer black tea. It would be a good sub for coffee.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Clay pot makes the best tasting tea imo. It gives a very flagrant flavor over metal pots. Porcelain or glass is fine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink