Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 03:12 PM

1,934 posts, read 1,084,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There's nothing healthy about sugar it is as bad as drinking alcohol. Weight gain is the least of your worries with sugar. It's the insulin sensitivity problem that causes diabetes in the long term if sugar is consumed in abundance. Sugar can cause your immune system to weaken especially if you are infected with a virus. Sugar is the preferred source of energy for viruses too.
Did you ever think that most people don't care? Sugar, just like other things are fine in moderation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 04:16 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There's nothing healthy about sugar it is as bad as drinking alcohol. Weight gain is the least of your worries with sugar. It's the insulin sensitivity problem that causes diabetes in the long term if sugar is consumed in abundance. Sugar can cause your immune system to weaken especially if you are infected with a virus. Sugar is the preferred source of energy for viruses too.
Sugar, blah, blah, blah, fructose, blah, blah, insulin sensitivity, yadda, yadda, yadda, as bad as, blah, weight gain, yadda, yadda, immune system, blah, blah, blah, preferred source Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Ribs. Once a month, maybe less. How much sauce? A tablespoon each time, maybe two? Some people need to clear their heads and put their own personal crusades in order without subjecting others to being saved from themselves.

If you don't have the answer the OP is looking for, why bother with the sermon they didn't ask for?

Old 07-10-2020, 01:09 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Thanks. I ordered the Sweet Baby Rays and put the Rib Rack Sauce on my wish list for when the Baby Rays is finished.
I got four flavors of Sweet Baby Ray's on Amazon,
Sweet Baby Ray's Variety Pack: Original BBQ, Hickory & Brown Sugar, Honey, and Sweet and Spicy, four 18 oz. Bottles for $29 with shipping. So far I have been using the Hickory and Brown Sugar flavor. The consistency and color is the same as the LongHorn Steakhouse sauce. However the Rays is a bit hotter and a bit more tangy. I think the LongHorn's sauce was a bit blander and a bit sweeter. I'd say it's a reasonable substitute. These are 18 oz bottles and I expect each will last for a couple of months. If any of the other three flavors is closer to LongHorn's, I'll comment back. Thanks to all who replied.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:16 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
I really like the BBQ sauce served with the baby back ribs at the LongHorn Steak house chain. I'd like to buy something similar online. Does anyone know what brand is closest and where to buy it? Thank you.
I use this. https://www.stubbsbbq.com/en-us
I like it.
Don’t know about the sugar. I’ll be 83 next week, so I don’t really care. I also have some bourbon every night. I guess I’m doomed

Old 07-10-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I use this. https://www.stubbsbbq.com/en-us
I like it.
Don’t know about the sugar. I’ll be 83 next week, so I don’t really care. I also have some bourbon every night. I guess I’m doomed
Do you like the Stubbs Original or the Stubbs Sticky Sweet sauce?

Old 07-11-2020, 06:41 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Do you like the Stubbs Original or the Stubbs Sticky Sweet sauce?
I have only used the original.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:51 PM

888 posts, read 806,100 times
I like the competition bbq sawse from Redneck Bbq Lab

Old 07-16-2020, 09:16 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
I got four flavors of Sweet Baby Ray's on Amazon,
Sweet Baby Ray's Variety Pack: Original BBQ, Hickory & Brown Sugar, Honey, and Sweet and Spicy, four 18 oz. Bottles for $29 with shipping. So far I have been using the Hickory and Brown Sugar flavor. The consistency and color is the same as the LongHorn Steakhouse sauce. However the Rays is a bit hotter and a bit more tangy. I think the LongHorn's sauce was a bit blander and a bit sweeter. I'd say it's a reasonable substitute. These are 18 oz bottles and I expect each will last for a couple of months. If any of the other three flavors is closer to LongHorn's, I'll comment back. Thanks to all who replied.
$29 for 4 bottles of Sweet Baby Rays? Wow....

I get the Sweet Baby Rays when I'm making something that calls for a lot of BBQ and I want something that's both good and cheap. It's $2 a bottle at the grocery store. Otherwise I get one of the local BBQ place's sauce. There's a lot of local places to choose from here in Missouri, and even those don't cost more than $5.

Longhorn's menu says they use a sweet and smoky BBQ sauce. That's usually a Kansas City style BBQ sauce. So if none of the Sweet Baby Ray's meet your needs, try looking for a Midwest BBQ sauce. Some of the St Louis style sauces are also sweet and smoky:

https://www.bandanasbbq.com/store/sauces?product_id=50

Old 07-17-2020, 05:35 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,084,136 times
We have a local BBQ place called Tom Jenkins that sells their bottled sauce through Publix groceries. They offer a mild and hot sauce that are not really sweet and they are our preferred store bought sauce. I think they also make a mustard based sauce, but that isn't carried in any of the Publix we go to.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:53 AM

Thanks. I bookmarked their website. When I'm close to finishing the next three flavors of Sweet Baby Ray's I'll give them a try. I'm on the second Baby Ray's flavor now, the Original. It's a bit more tangy than the Hickory and Brown Sugar I just finished. Also plan to give Stubbs a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
$29 for 4 bottles of Sweet Baby Rays? Wow....

I get the Sweet Baby Rays when I'm making something that calls for a lot of BBQ and I want something that's both good and cheap. It's $2 a bottle at the grocery store. Otherwise I get one of the local BBQ place's sauce. There's a lot of local places to choose from here in Missouri, and even those don't cost more than $5.

Longhorn's menu says they use a sweet and smoky BBQ sauce. That's usually a Kansas City style BBQ sauce. So if none of the Sweet Baby Ray's meet your needs, try looking for a Midwest BBQ sauce. Some of the St Louis style sauces are also sweet and smoky:

https://www.bandanasbbq.com/store/sauces?product_id=50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink