Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 09:10 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times

Advertisements

I have never eaten a meal or not eaten a meal based on the amount of carloies. I would hate to live that kind of lifestyle. You should be able to eat what you want in moderation so long as you do some physical things like walking. We have become lazy as a society and that is a major part of the problem. We dont walk or do sports as much as we used to. Eating a Veggie Burger is not going to make you loose weight if you sit on the cough 7 hours a day and drive two blocks to the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 AM

1,095 posts, read 3,998,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I might be in denial...but I find it hard to believe! If you boil something in oil...most of the oil doesn't absorb....and it just can't be 67 slices of bacon worth!

As for the Worst Breakfast...the stuffed pancakes at Bob Evans....well they look DANG good. I might have to try a version of that at home with just nuts and bananas in the batter.
3 slices of cooked bacon have 10 grams of fat - this has 203, so that sounds about right. They count all the fat in the dipping sauce, which is loaded with it.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,924 times
Beets. I know most people like beets, but I find the taste just awful.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
Cucumbers, pickled anything, Bailey's Irish Cream

I try not to eat things that I know I'll hate--so there's a lot I probably would find gross that I just haven't had the *privilege* to try.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Canned tamales. Love the fresh homemade kind.

I like Brussels sprouts and would eat more liver if I wasn't suspicious that it's not good to eat it very often. I also like sardines and anchovies.

Other miscellaneous animal parts like organs, feet, tongues, I haven't tried, but would if they were prepared by someone who knew what they were doing and made them in some tried and true fashion. There's a certain "ick" hurdle that I might have to get over, but since I like so many odd foods, I'd probably like the majority of others.

Not only am I a meat lover I also love my vegies. I like Brussels sprouts, Lima beans two of my favorites. I can't stand liver I have a sister who likes liver and her husband.(yuckie) I also like Pigs feet and will every now and then buy a large jar of pig feet at walmart or the pickled sausages. I'm not a huge sausage eater but love the pickled sausages.

I remember in Orlando at a convient store I was buying a Pig feet to eat and a few people in the store were making fun of me for it. Just so happens one of my friends that I grew up with was in the store I hadn't seen him in a while. As I was leaving and in the parking lot he called out to me and I said hi. He came right up to me and gave me a huge hug. By the way he was younger then me by a few years and there were 3 boys in his family all 3 of those boys were good looking as heck and knowm as hunks in school and football stars.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,537 times
i don't know what the right way to cook lamb is... but if it isn't cooked a certain way... it's the worst for me. i can't explain it.

one time i opened my big mouth at a greek restaurant. i didn't realize at the time that i had a problem with lamb.

i really thought the lamb had gone bad... i guess it was the spices, in retrospect... i thought about it for a few minutes & kept trying to eat it then i pointed out my observation to the server who got a very angrily perplexed look. he came back with an elderly woman who was glaring at me... he explained the cook was his mother & nothing from their kitchen could've possibly gone bad.... i'm sure she gave me the evil eye! whatever happened next is a blur... we never went back!

in the years passing since then i've come to realize i usually hate lamb. then once in awhile it strikes me as lovely. good thing it only comes up about once a decade for me! i've had the shaved lamb greek sandwiches & didn't hate them. they usually seem too dry but not really bad... i'm not sure why i tend to hate the dinner entry style of lamb...

that's what comes to mind to answer your question!

kate

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 09-22-2009 at 08:01 AM..

Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Taste is such a funny thing. I love almost every food mentioned here !

Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 PM

3 posts, read 3,807 times
Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Did I mention....... Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver. Liver.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:53 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Yep liver. The filter full of toxic waste.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Yep liver. The filter full of toxic waste.
Yep !! Absolutely!! Also any artificial food substitute....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink