Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 PM

812 posts, read 2,307,522 times

Advertisements

I also make teri burgers, I use teriyaki sauce w/ hamburger meat and mix it up and panko to firm it them up so when I cook them it makes them great and serve them w/ rice or on buns.

kshe- we sure do think alike...: )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I also make teri burgers, I use teriyaki sauce w/ hamburger meat and mix it up and panko to firm it them up so when I cook them it makes them great and serve them w/ rice or on buns.

kshe- we sure do think alike...: )
I know, ironic, isnt it?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
ssshhhhhh, dont tell anyone, its my grandmothers recipe, I use oatmeal in my meatloaf. Makes it really moist! I know it sounds strange, but its soooooo good!
I do use panko for my meatballs, along with some asiago cheese, yum!
Oatmeal???
This is the first time....ever...that I am hearing about oatmeal in meatloaf!
But, on the contrary does it make sense, that it would hold the moisture in the meatloaf real well.
I swear, next time I am making meatloaf, I am taking your "secret formula" and give it a shot!
Thank's my friend!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Always use oatmeal in meatloaf-makes it "healthy". Panko-makes great breading. For meatballs I use sliced white bread soaked in water and squeezed dry.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Always use oatmeal in meatloaf-makes it "healthy". Panko-makes great breading. For meatballs I use sliced white bread soaked in water and squeezed dry.
OK....Peeps....what else are you guys holding back from me???
I swear, I never, ever heard of the oatmeal thing until now! (And here you have been using it as well, Lacy!!! )
For my meatballs, I have been using stale white bread, soaked in water (just like you), or bread crumbs...whatever I have on hand.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
OK....Peeps....what else are you guys holding back from me???
I swear, I never, ever heard of the oatmeal thing until now! (And here you have been using it as well, Lacy!!! )
For my meatballs, I have been using stale white bread, soaked in water (just like you), or bread crumbs...whatever I have on hand.

My Mom must have been stranger than I thought

She taught me the oatmeal/meat loaf trick.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My Mom must have been stranger than I thought

She taught me the oatmeal/meat loaf trick.
Nope....I guess from what I have been hearing on here now, she isn't "strange" at all.....LOL.
It really must be ME, living "behind the moon" ....huh.....LOL

Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
So how much oatmeal do you use, the same measurement as bread crumbs?

MB2, I've never heard of oatmeal in meatloaf either, I am behind the times with you!

I am guessing that the steel cut ("irish") oatmeal I buy would not be the right kind to use unless you want crunchy meatloaf.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
So how much oatmeal do you use, the same measurement as bread crumbs?

MB2, I've never heard of oatmeal in meatloaf either, I am behind the times with you!

I am guessing that the steel cut ("irish") oatmeal I buy would not be the right kind to use unless you want crunchy meatloaf.

Measure?

I know my mom must have been using good old Quaker Oats because it's the only oatmeal she ever had in the house, I made many a fine drum from the empty containers

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Measure?

I know my mom must have been using good old Quaker Oats .....
Okay, okay, okay....I get it.........if your mom and grandma is ANYTHING like my mom is, and my grandma was....there is NO MEASUREMENT! Period!
My mom drives me nuts, up to this day, when I am asking on how she makes things, and how much she uses. And, you know what I get???
A little bit of this, a dash of that....and a dusting of this....yadayadayada..("Mom...now how the hell am I suppose to write this down for myself????")..
So, good luck getting ANY "measurable measurement" out of those ladies....ROTFL!!!

Anyhow....guys....gals...I am in need of a good recipe for meatloaf for tomorrow night, and want to try something new AND include the oatmeal with it.
The only oatmeal I know, and have on hand is Quaker.
Any recipes here I can use?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink